Commercial members usernames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should sellers change their username to something non-advertising ?

• Yes

Votes: 35 21.0%
  • No

Votes: 128 76.6%
  • I love spam

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
The point is, with your grinning blatant advertising accepted within the forum, what would follow would lead to a free for all. The rest of the commercial people, as they might be termed, are awaiting the decision as to whether they keep off or start blatantly advertising their services like you did. I say it should be removed with out any question of doubt.

So far nearly all have toed the line responsibly. This is more than one step too far, IMO, and the sooner it is removed, the better for all those that do trade, but do it without coming on here overtly with their advertising.

In my view you are just extracting the urine. I hope I make myself clear.

I agree! While I find the stars that appear in URLs and various posts irritating one of the joys of the forum until this week has been not having to wade through adverts.

Speaking as a partner in a business (not bee related) if I couldn't make sales without breaching the forum code of conduct I wouldn't use the forum (a forum related to my business that is I don't want it to appear I would try to sell any thing here).

To me it is simple - if you join a club, enter a discussion in a pub or even go to a public park you are (or should be) prepared to behave in a way that is acceptable to that group.

Anything else is simply bad manners.

The point is, with your grinning blatant advertising accepted within the forum, what would follow would lead to a free for all. The rest of the commercial people, as they might be termed, are awaiting the decision as to whether they keep off or start blatantly advertising their services like you did. I say it should be removed with out any question of doubt.

So far nearly all have toed the line responsibly. This is more than one step too far, IMO, and the sooner it is removed, the better for all those that do trade, but do it without coming on here overtly with their advertising.

In my view you are just extracting the urine. I hope I make myself clear.
by the look of the poll, it's splashed back on you!not worthy

by the look of the poll, it's splashed back on you!not worthy

The poll clearly shows that the majority of voting members want people to be able to keep NAMES that might refer to their business e.g hivemaker which tell (I gather what he does) but does not in anyway point to his business.

They certainly do not want blatant advertising threads as the ones which have appeared in the last few days.

Let's have a slightl;y differently worded poll, then. Like yes or no to blatant commercial advertising. You would drown in it, which would likely be the wishes of most on the forum, if they were to stand up and be counted..

Let's have a slightl;y differently worded poll, then. Like yes or no to blatant commercial advertising. You would drown in it, which would likely be the wishes of most on the forum, if they were to stand up and be counted..

Let's not have another poll !
After reading the verbal jousting back and forth !
Let's put it to bed !
VM

They certainly do not want blatant advertising threads as the ones which have appeared in the last few days.

which would likely be the wishes of most on the forum, if they were to stand up and be counted..

Could not agree more, but then thats never been on offer has it. Admin has just mentioned usernames. I dont find that offensive or intrusive myself but understand (even if I think its slightly controlling) that others might not appreciate a business orientated username. But i'll agree with Oliver and be counted as - no blatant advertising for me on threads. It harks back to the days of MSN chat. When you would have to peer through the spam links on chat rooms. Very distracting and of course it had the effect of driving people off. As does misplaced smugness due to an imagined win.

On principle I would not use your service should I have the need, not because of your username but rather because of your indignant attitude and feigned disbelief and imagined support. And that . . . . will be repeated by others on here I would imagine. If thats how you defend your position and belief, then that is how you will probably deal with customers. Not an attractive, safe, experience I would imagine.

What is the difference between my course for £45 and the Conway bka course for £30, both courses are for money. I don't advertise my queens for £32 or my nucs for £190 or my bee suits for £50 on this site, I wouldn't take advantage like that. I like this site very much, so wouldn't extract the urine like you suggest. It was after all a simple ad for a course I'm offering that I thought this forum members might be interested in. I've had a very good response thanks to all the interest you've created. So thanks very much to you all & the other forum members who have showed interest in my course. So can we now leave it at that and get on with what this forum is all about & not so much pointless moaning.:smash: Lets all be nice to each other after all we all love our bees and want to do right by them. Kind regards Jean x

I think you just went too far........ and thats a shame. And coming from me thats saying something lol

What is the difference between my course for £00 and the Conway bka course for £00, both courses are for money. I don't advertise my queens for £00 or my nucs for £00 or my bee suits for £00 on this site, I wouldn't take advantage like that. I like this site very much, so wouldn't extract the urine like you suggest. It was after all a simple ad for a course I'm offering that I thought this forum members might be interested in. I've had a very good response thanks to all the interest you've created. So thanks very much to you all & the other forum members who have showed interest in my course. So can we now leave it at that and get on with what this forum is all about & not so much pointless moaning.:smash: Lets all be nice to each other after all we all love our bees and want to do right by them. Kind regards Jean x

It would appear that is just what you have tried to do in a round about way.

Don't quote them, it just makes it harder for Admin to trace it all and delete it. I suggest the thread be cleaned of Jean, the forum be Jeanagated, and the thread be locked.

Don't quote them, it just makes it harder for Admin to trace it all and delete it. I suggest the thread be cleaned of Jean, the forum be Jeanagated, and the thread be locked.
I can't believe the trouble this course ad has caused, there must be something else in your lives other than picking on me. Such a shame, by all means take the course ad off if it upsets you all so much. But to all those who are coming on the course & have applied already thanks for your support. Kind regards Jean

Thought the forum was about bees ,not kangaroos ?:reddevil:
VM

Has anyone made the obvious suggestion that if someone offends - in whatever way, but in this instance by advertising, you simply add them to your 'Ignore' list. No more ****4*! Magic!

I can't believe the trouble this course ad has caused, there must be something else in your lives other than picking on me. Such a shame, by all means take the course ad off if it upsets you all so much. But to all those who are coming on the course & have applied already thanks for your support. Kind regards Jean

The trouble has been explained to you Jean. So believe it or not, its happened. You could or perhaps should have retreated and obeyed the site rules. However your post on page 17 is clearly just mocking and obvious. And it clearly shows that you don't care, are belligerent in the face of opposition and you have presented yourself as arrogantly flaunting your wares. The rules are there for a reason and I am in agreement with them myself. As you should be when you agreed to abide by them when you joined via the joining proforma.

You should really delete that post to mitigate the damage to yourself. Remember you may have garnered custom from it, but many a bee inspector and high profile beekeeper use this forum and have seen your attempts at flaunting the rules. It can only do you and your business harm surly.

"Be kind to other members, do not put them down, bait them into fighting or do anything to create a fight whether in open forum or private messaging. Trashing another member will surely lead you toward the banishment door quickly"

That's a rule too. There seems to be a fair bit of trashing of other members going on in this thread and others. Will these people be banished too?

"Be kind to other members, do not put them down, bait them into fighting or do anything to create a fight whether in open forum or private messaging. Trashing another member will surely lead you toward the banishment door quickly"

That's a rule too. There seems to be a fair bit of trashing of other members going on in this thread and others. Will these people be banished too?

Is that not off topic......

The 10 commandments from a greater authority are often ignored :(
No chance the rules on here will be strictly adhered to :chillpill:
VM

Latest posts

Back