• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment For Sale Clear Polycarbonate Crownboards

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pargyle

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I have the opportunity to purchase a quantity of 6mm clear polycarbonate - it's quite a lot I would have to buy - it's a remnant from a building project and it's a bit scuffed and scratched but perfectly serviceable as crown boards. I can cut to 460 x 460 for national hives and could go up to 500 x 500 for polyhives.

It's going to work out at about £6 each for unframed pieces if you wanted to make up your own frames or I could add a 6mm single frame and do those for about £10/£10.50. You could have either a central feeder hole or just plain, no extra cost.

Plus, of course, whatever the courier cost is depending on quantity and destination. Sorry, it would have to be shipping to UK only.

These prices are less than half the price of any available from the 'normal' suppliers and at 6mm thick twice the thickness of most others available. It's going to be a once only deal, not likely to be repeated.

The benefits of clear crown boards have been well documented on here many times and more and more beekeepers are now using them but the cost of polycarbonate make them quite expensive normally - indeed, with the rising cost of plywood this offer is going to be cheaper than solid ones !

Before I commit to this I'd like to gauge what interest there is from forum members. If you are interested just add a reply to the thread with how may you think you might like (no commitment at this stage) and if there are enough to warrant buying the lot I'll progress it.

I could use 5 sheets - 460x460, no holes (for national hives)

I'll have 5 nationals that I'd pick up Phil if you still have enough material.

I’d love five, national sized with a rim and feeder hole, please, if it proves worthwhile.

Thanks,

David

I have the opportunity to purchase a quantity of 6mm clear polycarbonate - it's quite a lot I would have to buy - it's a remnant from a building project and it's a bit scuffed and scratched but perfectly serviceable as crown boards. I can cut to 460 x 460 for national hives and could go up to 500 x 500 for polyhives.

It's going to work out at about £6 each for unframed pieces if you wanted to make up your own frames or I could add a 6mm single frame and do those for about £10/£10.50. You could have either a central feeder hole or just plain, no extra cost.

Plus, of course, whatever the courier cost is depending on quantity and destination. Sorry, it would have to be shipping to UK only.

These prices are less than half the price of any available from the 'normal' suppliers and at 6mm thick twice the thickness of most others available. It's going to be a once only deal, not likely to be repeated.

The benefits of clear crown boards have been well documented on here many times and more and more beekeepers are now using them but the cost of polycarbonate make them quite expensive normally - indeed, with the rising cost of plywood this offer is going to be cheaper than solid ones !

Before I commit to this I'd like to gauge what interest there is from forum members. If you are interested just add a reply to the thread with how may you think you might like (no commitment at this stage) and if there are enough to warrant buying the lot I'll progress it.
Hello

I’d love 4 of them please for nationals with rim and central hole if you have any left.
Thank you

Philip, when you said there was a lot, did you mean enough to cover every hive on this forum? 😀
This could be the wheeze to make you a milionaire by this time next year. 🤣

Latest posts

Back