Tonight Matthew, I am sewing machine repairman

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Which is doubly impressive given that as far as I'm concerned they work by magic and I had no instructions other than how to remove the case which was actually more than I expected.

I can't deny there was a fair amount of luck involved. The tensioning mechanism wasn't working at all and when I got its clothes off the problem was quite clearly that the two discs that are meant to trap the thread between them to create the tension weren't even touching. I couldn't see why, so I decided to take the tensioning mechanism off the machine to have a closer look, at which point it exploded into a pile of springs and wheels and washers. After I'd worked out how it was supposed to go together I reassembled the entire thing at which point it just started working properly. All I need now is a spring balance so I can set the tension range correctly. The downside is of course that I have no idea how to stop it going wrong again.

I wouldn't even have attempted the job had it not been for the fact that having it serviced professionally would probably cost more than buying a new machine, so it looks like I've got off quite lightly. I shan't feel so guilty if I buy myself an InstantVap for my birthday now...

James

And today I was a plasterboarder and plasterer as I had to repair damage to the ceiling where the shower leaked above in the bathroom above. As with JamezF brownie points building up before beekeeping inspections start in earnest.

Last week Matthew, I was a plumber after my daughter, who has just sold her house, was crying down the phone to tell me her bathroom WC was sending water down through the sitting room lights every time it was flushed. I managed to work out that it must have been the pipe from the cistern to the pan that was the problem but how do you get to the thing when it’s hidden behind tiles and a ply wall with no access!!!!!!!
In the end I managed to break one tile, saw a hole in the ply and squeeze my arm in to get enough purchase on the pipe to secure it. I also slapped copious amounts of silicone sealant around the junction as belt and braces.
Let’s hope that works until she’s handed over the keys!!!!!

Latest posts

Back