I am in print again!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've posted enough here already about ley lines (or "energy lines") and dowsing to make my position clear :D To try to keep the thread on-topic I'll avoid doing so again unless someone is really spoiling for an argument :ROFLMAO:

James

The best bee mag is BeeCraft - excellent new editors encouarge a lively, engaging style,not dull repetion of orthodoxy.
Try bee-craft.com. Digital copies can be searched retrospectively - I have sent in a summary to BeeCRaft of how to find info on a particular subject - and got back a fuller, better way in. Hoping they will publish a clear guide, with screen shots, as yiu have to know what all the icons mean.
Jan/Feb is the winter break provided by the Good Lord for reading!
Robin

Huh! Due to Post Office strikes, the pigeon hasn’t even delivered my copy of the BBKA/
Table leveller/toilet paper December edition yet….

Huh! Due to Post Office strikes, the pigeon hasn’t even delivered my copy of the BBKA/
Table leveller/toilet paper December edition yet….

Mine has been arriving later and later over the last few months. Used to be that it would drop on the doormat early in the last week of the month before, but now it's probably ten days later and the electronic version is available before I get the paper one.

James

Mine has been arriving later and later over the last few months. Used to be that it would drop on the doormat early in the last week of the month before, but now it's probably ten days later and the electronic version is available before I get the paper one.

James
There’s an electronic version? That smacks of modernism……can’t be surely?

There’s an electronic version? That smacks of modernism……can’t be surely?

It did take quite a while as far as I recall, but yes. If you log in on the BBKA News site and have completely run out of things to do this winter you can read all of the last twenty-odd years worth.

https://bbkanews.com/

James

It did take quite a while as far as I recall, but yes. If you log in on the BBKA News site and have completely run out of things to do this winter you can read all of the last twenty-odd years worth.

https://bbkanews.com/

James

I did a speed-read on the sample copy and it seemed OK to me. There's even an article about insulation by Derek Mitchell.

There's always the Welsh comic when you're bored. Welsh Beekeeper Magazine - Welsh Beekeepers Association must admit I've not read any of it for ages so no idea how up to date, or correct it might be. I'm sure JBM will be along in a moment for a full and honest review.
haven't read it for ages, they are supposed to send me a madazine through the post every quarter but I haven't seen one since lockdown. It used to be OK, but I sensed a creeping in of BBKA dogma a while ago

haven't read it for ages, they are supposed to send me a madazine through the post every quarter but I haven't seen one since lockdown. It used to be OK, but I sensed a creeping in of BBKA dogma a while ago
Not only the magazine, but loads of other BBKA systems as well, Exams (only in English), Swarm maps, BDI insurance system, an indecently fast re-design of the website as soon as the old webmaster passed away etc. etc. it's almost as though they don't want to be separate anymore.

The best bee mag is BeeCraft - excellent new editors encouarge a lively, engaging style,not dull repetion of orthodoxy.
Try bee-craft.com. Digital copies can be searched retrospectively - I have sent in a summary to BeeCRaft of how to find info on a particular subject - and got back a fuller, better way in. Hoping they will publish a clear guide, with screen shots, as yiu have to know what all the icons mean.
Robin
Welcome to the forum ....I feel sure you will have much to contribute. There are quite a few members on here with Long Hives ... including me.

Robin
Welcome to the forum @rdartington
Are you Robin of long deep hive fame?

I read that with interest.
I tried dowsing when a student at age 18 years old. (Edit: about half a century ago.) Several times. Inspired by a book in University Library about leylines.
Tried again about 30 years ago.
Tried again about 5 years,

Either there were no leylines in the several acres I tried, or I was doing it wrong or it's all carp. Or I am unsuited to doing it, or have no alien bloodlines etc:)

I take a simple view about anything new: If it cannot be replicated using similar equipment to the originator then I assume it's bull excrement and forget about it. (See the Cold Fusion scam of several years ago..)

Leylines may indeed work but as it appears to be specific to certain humans, I suspect other forces at work.. like subconscious recognition of terrain. features appertaining to certain things like hidden water.
I have a, 8 hive stand in a scattered apiary which consistently and markedly outperforms all others. I've no idea why, or if its just coincidence.

Just deleted posts, didn't hand out warnings, I thought I would simply ask that we behave in a more mature fashion and stop the constant little digs.

The article is in the January edition of BBKA News which has turned up in our bread oven (we don't have a letterbox) early for a change, barely two weeks after the December one.

James

The article is in the January edition of BBKA News which has turned up in our bread oven (we don't have a letterbox) early for a change, barely two weeks after the December one.

James
Yes I noticed! I was told it would be in the December one. Pleased to see it there though! Honestly, if I can get something in there then any one can and I encourage you to have a go. They need more articles that are not so ' stuffy'

I’ve yet to see the December one. Apart from Enrico’s article, anything else interesting?

I’ve yet to see the December one. Apart from Enrico’s article, anything else interesting?

I've only had a very quick flick through and not read any of the articles in full. I notice there's an IPM calendar that I've never felt very happy about as part of a longer article on "The Beekeeping Calendar", but also a piece on transmission of pathogens from managed to feral pollinators and one about types of frames that seems as though it would be a surefire way to start an argument.

And there's a letter from someone who claims to be in the legal profession who appears to be saying that it's fine to describe a product as "raw honey", which again seems a surefire way to start an argument.

I'll probably give it a closer look over when I get back from coaching this evening and can have a glass of wine or two to keep the blood pressure under control...

James

Latest posts

Back