I quit now.......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you all feel duly proud of yourselves including the man of the cloth!
VM

Good morning, VM.

As the 'man of the cloth' (never mind the quality, feel the width) I acknowledge the chastising but don't feel chastened. However, I am sorry that you are disappointed in me.

It's just about the first time I've been moved to intervene in 'the Finman affair' - though I have followed his interventions faithfully since I joined the Forum.

Sometimes his interventions are wise and helpful; I appreciate that.
Sometimes they are incomprehensible; I don't worry to much about that and ignore those if I'm busy.

But Finman's interventions in recent months have become more intolorant, abusive and arrogant, it seems to me. In my view, the balance has tipped to a point where I, for one, don't want any more. Don't see why we should be subject to that. People have been patient in pointing this out to him - but he hasn't learned from that.

Of course, I could add a third name to my 'Ignore' list - but it gets tedious seeing references to posts without knowing what's in them and how they affect the thread. Perhaps I should have just ignored this particular thread - but his negativity isn't confined to this one.

So, when Finman says yet again that he's leaving, why should I prevent him?
[Personally, I think Finman needs the Forum more than the other way round - and he will be back.]

We shall see.

Dusty

I don't yet think it's time for the post mortum I hope however when he reappears a cordial recrimination free welcome is extended .
Poke a dog in the eye with a stick will provoke a reaction
"think Pavlov"
VM

Good morning, VM.

Sometimes his interventions are wise and helpful; I appreciate that.
Sometimes they are incomprehensible; I don't worry to much about that and ignore those if I'm busy.

But Finman's interventions in recent months have become more intolorant, abusive and arrogant, it seems to me. In my view, the balance has tipped to a point where I, for one, don't want any more. Don't see why we should be subject to that. People have been patient in pointing this out to him - but he hasn't learned from that.

Dusty

Completely agree ... Wise words, at times, interspersed with gibberish and bile against those who tread a different path in their beekeeping ... and particularly those who he considers 'One Hive Owners'.

I was the subject of an unwarranted attack from Finman sometime ago ... hence my strapline ... My shoulders are pretty broad but I suspect that his attitude has a more profound effect on other, less robust, 'Newbies' who may feel reluctant to post for fear of his vile comments being directed at them. This can only be detrimental to the forum ... an elder statesman of the forum, such as Finman, should take a more moderate approach.

pargyle, absolutely. But his beef is not with one-hive owners per se but with one-hive owners who try to teach him beekeeping. He took me as one when I phrased a question carelessly. Once I had cleared that up, I found him very supportive. One of his ideas that causes most grief, about not stuffing the brood-box in August because you need bees may or may not be wrong; time will tell for me, but he is the one who suggested it and it's at least a valuable point of view.

pargyle, absolutely. But his beef is not with one-hive owners per se but with one-hive owners who try to teach him beekeeping. He took me as one when I phrased a question carelessly. Once I had cleared that up, I found him very supportive. One of his ideas that causes most grief, about not stuffing the brood-box in August because you need bees may or may not be wrong; time will tell for me, but he is the one who suggested it and it's at least a valuable point of view.

Sorry, can't agree... I have read all his and my previous posts .... his bile is not always directed at people who deserve it - I've said in numerous posts that some of his advice is excellent and comes from what has, clearly, been a long career in beekeeping... but his 'formulaic - one size fits all' is not always the answer.

There are a number of his regular doctrines like 'Treat your bees or they WILL die' that don't stack up. Or 'Take all the honey and feed them sugar' or try 'You are not a beekeeper if you are not in it for the money'. These may be paraphrased but you will find them scattered frequently through his posts.

If you raise your head above the parapet he cannot resist proffering such advice, often associated with the 'one hive owners, village dogs pissing, can't weigh sugar and water etc.' disparaging comments which really should not spill out from someone who purports to be an elder stateman in terms of beekeeping in general and this forum specifically.

All a bit late to stand in his defence now you have watched him go...

As I said a long time ago in this thread don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Craig

Dishmop, you write as if it were the thread's decision, but it's not, it's his. As I've said, we can all take care of ourselves. Personally, I hope he's bluffing but the "nyanyanya he's bluffing" posts are designed to shut him out and I find that small. You crossed swords in June over varroa, I know, but the thread I am thinking of took two to tango so it's adult rules around here. Anyway, I don't want to start a fight but if he does go, I will try to get onto "douple" brood in his memory.

Dishmop, you write as if it were the thread's decision, but it's not, it's his. As I've said, we can all take care of ourselves. Personally, I hope he's bluffing but the "nyanyanya he's bluffing" posts are designed to shut him out and I find that small. You crossed swords in June over varroa, I know, but the thread I am thinking of took two to tango so it's adult rules around here. Anyway, I don't want to start a fight but if he does go, I will try to get onto "douple" brood in his memory.

I would leave it were it is .
It's one thing standing your corner,quite another facing a mob!
No future in providing fodder for the baying pack !
:D
John.

I didnt write it as if its the threads decision... I was refering to those who only now that it looks as if he might not return are saying oh what a wonderful guy he is and hope he comes back.......

I'm not the only one who has crossed swords with him and that is fully explained by other people in the last few replies as to why people crossed swords with him...........some people dont agree with what he says on certain subjects and we say so.....only to be called dyslexic idiots.......we cant read etc etc.....We were prepared to accept slight language problems but because we cant always understand what he says.........its us who are bloody stupid and need to keep taking thier medication......now as far as I am concerned, that just aint on......
A person who doesnt want or need to sell honey to buy petrol is lazy and stupid.........
How many on here does that statement cover?????
He called me lazy because I said I only only work a few hours a day making the stuff I sell on ebay........."huh! who only work 2 hours a day"

well, me for one, but often a few hours longer than that.

People asking about ratio of sugar water mix......."stupid.. weight is on bag"

I cant rememeber anybody calling him stupid or dyslexic... except probably as a retort tit for tat.

He would ask a person how old they were.......... why.... because if they were young he could say they didnt have the experience,, but if they were approx the same age as he is...........then he made no comment...

He stated himself earlier in the year that he treats his bees because he read research paper that treatment makes happy bees and happy bees make more honey.......he doent know if they have varroa, but he has read that they must have, everybody have it...(oh sorry,, he didnt say that.. he said the bees have it)

Need I point out that those who dont treat their bees never did get an answer as to why our bees will die if they are not treated....... and the reason for that might just be.........perhaps that........
and when I asked what has 50 years of research into varroa acheived........I thought WW3 had started.

Last edited:
I thought WW3 had started.

Hahahaha. And I stand in awe of your eBay business; have been meaning to search around there looking for you. Laziness is in some senses a compliment; all our progress and we work ourselves to death stressing about nothing. I'm sure it doesn't feel pleasant, but take it from me as an observer, these exchanges are endlessly amusing and do not change my opinion of the recipient of any abuse.

I think the recipient of the abuse brought it upon himself.

I see no reason why anybody should stand by and be called an idiot for having an opinion of their own..........

All anybody said about him was that they thought he was rude to them because they had their own opinion which didnt phase with what he said was right.

He's being pissed on.
The dogs are biting his legs.
He's leaving because he's being bullied.......
(oh and please say you really like me and tell everyone to leave me alone)
He's not leaving until he has taught us to use our brains.

Bullied? by telling him what we thought about him in reply to what he thought about us?

We need to see an analyst..

He knows because he is an analist.

all our progress and we work ourselves to death stressing about nothing
agreed......... which is why I gave it up a few years ago..For many years my income has never all come from one source. Little bits from here and there. I earn it and we enjoy it...
all around me I see people struggling to pay bills, and where the wife has to work to get the money to pay for the second car that she needs to..........

er....... get to work..........

I hope you all feel duly proud of yourselves including the man of the cloth!
This man has posted on here, good sound advice since it's inception
Rude abrasive and yes downright insulting under the pressure of constant goading from a few of you exhibiting the mob mentality!
Deliberately hostile to his lack of the finer points of English grammar causing him to resort to copy and paste to get his point across .
At least he had the balls to stick at it in spite of all, and on his own
I kept out of it thinking it's a little banter getting out of hand and it will fizzle out! But no. It escalated hence Finmans reference to dogs .
You all sound delighted at the success of your campaign .
I wish you well .
Hey! I have spoken in his defence !
You've lost your ball! Need another one?
Feel free .
VM
Thank you VM, finally someone with enough balls (I don't have any!!) to standup to the pack, and you know who you are, I wish the thread had been locked a while back, it has not been very edifying for the forum to have a respected long-time member 'hounded' by other respected members, and when I say respected I mean by me; I haven't taken it upon myself to speak for others as other vociferous forum members are want to do.

Thank you VM, finally someone with enough balls (I don't have any!!) to standup to the pack, and you know who you are, I wish the thread had been locked a while back, it has not been very edifying for the forum to have a respected long-time member 'hounded' by other respected members, and when I say respected I mean by me; I haven't taken it upon myself to speak for others as other vociferous forum members are want to do.
You might feel different about it if he had been as rude to you as he was to many others.

I treated his rudeness to me with the respect it deserved - and did not reply. Sometimes that is the best way..

Thread wars are never pretty and are not to be indulged in - unless there are people of a certain persuasion who keep posting on a particular subject. Fortunately (at least for now) quiet. Most of course have been banned.. which is saying something for this forum...

I think the recipient of the abuse brought it upon himself.

I see no reason why anybody should stand by and be called an idiot for having an opinion of their own..........

All anybody said about him was that they thought he was rude to them because they had their own opinion which didnt phase with what he said was right.

He's being pissed on.
The dogs are biting his legs.
He's leaving because he's being bullied.......
(oh and please say you really like me and tell everyone to leave me alone)
He's not leaving until he has taught us to use our brains.

Bullied? by telling him what we thought about him in reply to what he thought about us?

We need to see an analyst..

He knows because he is an analist.
Can't let it go can you ,?
Still mocking his fractured
English!
You must be awfully bored if you've nought else to do but berate an ex member ,no longer present .
Maybe your continued protests are an inverted apology . Then again maybe not !
Being part of a mob obviates the necessity to think about collateral damage, only requirement is to follow the pack!
VM

Still mocking his fractured
English!
I made allowances for any problem he had in expressing himself.......
I have only quoted what he wrote on the basis that if I altered it, it may not be what he meant., as opposed to making apost and then altering it after somebody replied so that the answer seemed nonsense.

Maybe your continued protests are an inverted apology . Then again maybe not !
Being part of a mob obviates the necessity to think about collateral damage, only requirement is to follow the pack!

I have nothing to apoligise for.. I wasnt rude, and I wasnt following a pack.. I was saying what I thought, which, just happened to be what one or two others felt the same about...

He said something.. people asked why/what if and were called idiots.....

If you went into a bar and asked if they had draught cider would you expect to be called stupid, are you dyslexic, cant you read what it says there....
you might put up with it but sorry, I dont.

There are people here who are dyslexic... did he have any thought for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back