I quit now.......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is there is almost zero moderation on the forum, and even less since HM's attempt at change was apparently dismissed.

......I live, breathe and eat the countryside the real one not the disneyfied one that a lot of nouveau rustic fresh from the smoke types believe is the countryside I've spent most of today in a meeting trying to protect the rights of others who live and love the countryside and who are constantly beset by town dwellers who believe it's their right to help themselves gratis to what it offers without any thought to its rightful stewards.

Pure Shih Tzu.

Well ...Is it all quiet now ?

I spend a day with a wall paper steamer scraping acres of tile adhesive off the kitchen walls after hacking off acres of hideous 1960's tiles and I come back for a nice peaceful read on the forum and what do I find .... Finmans quit !!.

Somehow ... I feel I've been here before ?

What day is it ???

I disagree with you, PBee.

I believe there is a lot of moderation in the Forum.
But Admin knows the difference between moderation and censorship.

And whatever lay behind Hivemaker's unprecedented intervention, it didn't meet with the approval of most who responded.

Seems to me that most people appreciate the way Admin runs this resource.

There are other sites, if this one doesn't meet with your approval.

Dusty

My opinions seem to rankle with you, Dusty.

Moderation would not have allowed this thread to develop the way it did (in my opinion).

Moderation has allowed this thread to develop in the way it has.

And why not?

No one is forced to follow the thread.

What does rankle is the ingratitude which fails to appreciate the value of this forum and the huge amount of work involved in managing it (in all manner of ways).

Dusty

You seem to be in a permanent state of ranklement.

Moderation has allowed this thread to develop in the way it has.

And why not?

No one is forced to follow the thread.

What does rankle is the ingratitude which fails to appreciate the value of this forum and the huge amount of work involved in managing it (in all manner of ways).

Dusty

:iagree: ... if you don't like the heat don't stand in the fire. This thread may have been a little unseemly at times but most of the people taking part are more than capable of defending themselves (and some of it is very funny !).

You seem to be in a permanent state of ranklement.

Hell no! Life's to absurd for that!

I just think that Admin gets a raw deal here.
He gets a lot of criticism and abuse, but shows great maturity and judgement in not responding.

What he does do is regulate with a light touch - which is a tough thing to do. Easier by far to wield a big stick - and alienate the members in doing so.

Don't take it personally, PBee. You've not shown up on my radar enough to merit any criticism of you individually.

Dusty

Last edited:
That's very magnanimous of you Dusty.

Its Admins forum.

If anybody finds that they dont like what is being written.......

simple........

you stop reading it.

If you find anything offensive from one user toward another ......... complain to Admin and express your concern....but I'm inclined to think that Admin will also suggest that you stop reading it.

If somebody asks for advice on mixing syrup for feeding, they hope that they will be given that advice.........

not told by somebody that they are stupid dyslexic people who cant read what is written on a bag of sugar. "No need to weigh sugar..It is written on bag"

Any name calling and insults were handed out by Finman.
When I first joined this forum and saw that Finman had been keeping bees for 50 years I followed his replies to questions on the assumption that with that period of experience he ought to know what he was talking about....

There was of course a language problem and some thought often had to be put into working out exactly what he meant............

I then realised that his replies very often contained the word "must". I wondered if the use of that word was a cover all for ..."what I would do" or "perhaps you might try" or "my suggestion is that"..... but having then to read people being told they are stupid 1 hive know nothing owners because they had thoughts of their own that didnt match what he says is the only way... it is in a paper.....all Europe keep bees same way..Uk live in dark ages, you are lazy if you dont want to make money from honey to buy petrol and why keep bees for hobby, you need to see an analyst, only sit on (in) arse in front of computer all day....Must not have supers on in winter..

and lets not forget that he went to university..............

The problem is there is almost zero moderation on the forum, and even less since HM's attempt at change was apparently dismissed.

Pure Shih Tzu.

You are wrong,both myself and Hivemaker moderate the forum reading all posts between us.

And thank you both. I repeat; this place is more use than a library full of books and far more entertaining. Readers can mine the nuggets out of the OTPs and adults can take care of themselves. As a net taker of info, I would find chasing Finman out of here (yes I know he's asking to be chased, but get over it) a PROFOUND dis-service.

<add> Forget "net". As a TAKER of info </add>

Personally I think he called a bluff that didnt work.

I hope you all feel duly proud of yourselves including the man of the cloth!
This man has posted on here, good sound advice since it's inception
Rude abrasive and yes downright insulting under the pressure of constant goading from a few of you exhibiting the mob mentality!
Deliberately hostile to his lack of the finer points of English grammar causing him to resort to copy and paste to get his point across .
At least he had the balls to stick at it in spite of all, and on his own
I kept out of it thinking it's a little banter getting out of hand and it will fizzle out! But no. It escalated hence Finmans reference to dogs .
You all sound delighted at the success of your campaign .
I wish you well .
Hey! I have spoken in his defence !
You've lost your ball! Need another one?
Feel free .
VM

I hope you all feel duly proud of yourselves including the man of the cloth!
This man has posted on here, good sound advice since it's inception
Rude abrasive and yes downright insulting under the pressure of constant goading from a few of you exhibiting the mob mentality!
Deliberately hostile to his lack of the finer points of English grammar causing him to resort to copy and paste to get his point across .
At least he had the balls to stick at it in spite of all, and on his own
I kept out of it thinking it's a little banter getting out of hand and it will fizzle out! But no. It escalated hence Finmans reference to dogs .
You all sound delighted at the success of your campaign .
I wish you well .
Hey! I have spoken in his defence !
You've lost your ball! Need another one?
Feel free .
VM

Well said Victor - It's what you get when mob mentality takes over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back