Epi pen for personal use only!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I note that fatalities from bee, + HORNETAND WASP stings total 4 per year, making this cause of death just twice as likely as being struck by lightning (2 deaths per year), and half as likely as suffocating in bed (8 deaths).

Source: Office of National Statistics mortality data for 2009 (the latest year available) tabulated at:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/14/mortality-statistics-causes-death-england-wales-2009

-And this is without epipens alongside every hive.....

Interesting. But what would the figure have been without epipens being available to those that need them?

Interesting. But what would the figure have been without epipens being available to those that need them? quote GBH.

My guess... another skewed statistic.... as those who need them have them?

Interesting. But what would the figure have been without epipens being available to those that need them?

Huh? I don't see how that question is relevant to the topic of this thread.

Who suggested that epipens be totally withdrawn?

if you were dying on the floor with anni shock would i use MY epi pen on you, NO NEVER

if you were dying on the floor would i use your own epi pen yes i proberly would,

do i think you have done a sencible thing here, no sorry i dont, sorry but no, its not for me

Huh? I don't see how that question is relevant to the topic of this thread.

Who suggested that epipens be totally withdrawn?

Because you suggest that the figure is low "without epipens alongside every hive".
My point is that you don't know how many beekeepers have epipens, have used them, and have therefore survived anaphylaxis.
The figure may well be low exactly because loads of people have used their own epipens on other people. The fact is we don't know, so the statistic is meaningless without context.

Because you suggest that the figure is low "without epipens alongside every hive".
My point is that you don't know how many beekeepers have epipens, have used them, and have therefore survived anaphylaxis.
The figure may well be low exactly because loads of people have used their own epipens on other people. The fact is we don't know, so the statistic is meaningless without context.

You are correct. I don't know how many. But I meet/have met many keepers, and I don't know a single one who has an epipen.
Therefore, my experience says that it is likely that a very small proportion of keepers actually have epipens, and that a very small proportion of this small proportion have ever deployed them. -Not enough to massively influence national statistics covering the whole population.
And my statement that there are not epipens alongside every hive is also a matter of fact.

You are correct. I don't know how many. But I meet/have met many keepers, and I don't know a single one who has an epipen.
Therefore, my experience says that it is likely that a very small proportion of keepers actually have epipens, and that a very small proportion of this small proportion have ever deployed them. -Not enough to massively influence national statistics covering the whole population.
And my statement that there are not epipens alongside every hive is also a matter of fact.

I wasn't doubting you Viridens, just offering another way of looking the statistic.:)

Edit: Perhaps a poll would be useful? I have no idea how to start one.

Last edited:
greatbritishhoney -Cheers. Debate is healthy, and polls are fun, but it's Sat night and leisure calls...
Have a nice one, mate!... :)

Last edited:
For the sake of making a point you have just qualified my thoughts !
You are indeed a silly little attention seeker !
I'll debate all day with the reasonable but fielding nonsense isn't my ball game !
Debate over .

Don't expect a response ,head banging is something I gave up on in the 70s

Looks like I've hit the nail on the head then!
Didn't pay for the prescription did you VM?:cheers2:

Latest posts

Back