Neighbours are so lovely

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Clarkson furious as he abandons Diddly Squat Farm restaurant opening

He stormed off after a sweary rant
By
Gabriella Ferlita
Rom Preston-EllisNetwork Newsroom Editor
10:29, 12 FEB 2023
You can read about this patient person here
Having retired from being a local councillor I can understand Jeremy's frustration. A single, strong willed councillor can have an unbalancing influence on the whole outcome of an agenda topic.

Ahhh farmers, the great "custodians of the countryside". They don't do anything unless there's a grant, litter with plastic feed containers, leave dead sheep in ditches and culverts, fences falling down, gates hanging off hinges and tied up with bailer twine. "Feed the nation", haha.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't stir up trouble.
Steady on.. just because certain people are wankers, doesn't mean they all are!

That would be like me saying all Beekeepers were narrow-minded, just because I took exception to your opinion..

Steady on.. just because certain people are wankers, doesn't mean they all are!

That would be like me saying all Beekeepers were narrow-minded, just because I took exception to your opinion..
Got an ex army (posh) farmer at the end of the lane raises organic beef and pork.Knows he is really just the custodian of the land not the owner.
Showed us some pics of the beavers that have colonised his stretch of the Avon.
Very much into conservation.
Always moans about the farmer next to him who drenches everything in pesticides, ploughs up to the hedges and hates any animal that isn't earning him money.
There you go.

cheaper to find someone from Barry
Is contract killing that common there?

I’ve know several folks who have killed other folks over the years, with at least one conviction per individual. Reasons were varied, but never straight-up payment. Seems a bit extreme if you guys are serious.

I’ve been policing family land since I was a child, as we lived on one edge of a large tract. Also been angry over property line infringements, trespassing, thievery, etc. many times. I can relate to tactless people, but let’s try a black eye or two. 😂 That usually helps, and is easier on blood pressure. 😃

Last edited:
Is contract killing that common there?
I was stationed in the Custom house there in the last decade of the last century , I was the team firearms officer, that particular town (or part of) was renowned for being one of 'the best and cheapest' places in the UK for a) getting a 'contract' taken out on someone b) obtaining an illegal firearm or 'renting' one on a 'return unused or lose your deposit' basis. We had intelligence that firearms were being brought in to the docks area for onward distribution (I remember being involved in a few warehouse searches in the sheds down there on combined ops with the police.
And of course we always had the steady 'discreet' trickle of cocaine via the banana boats as well as the occasional larger importation.

I was stationed in the Custom house there in the last decade of the last century , I was the team firearms officer, that particular town (or part of) was renowned for being one of 'the best and cheapest' places in the UK for a) getting a 'contract' taken out on someone b) obtaining an illegal firearm or 'renting' one on a 'return unused or lose your deposit' basis. We had intelligence that firearms were being brought in to the docks area for onward distribution (I remember being involved in a few warehouse searches in the sheds down there on combined ops with the police.
And of course we always had the steady 'discreet' trickle of cocaine via the banana boats as well as the occasional larger importation.
God help us all.

Edit: Wrote a novel (quoted in later posts), but deleted. Apologies to future readers. Lost a close family member this week. Generally have more tact than to comment on something so controversial. I’ll keep in the bee lane if I return. Thanks much.

Last edited:
God help us all.

Crime in the rural areas here is far less “organized” than in the cities, but exists nonetheless.
Firearms are legally available to anyone of legal age who can pass a background check
And the 'checks' we have here to get a season ticket for the bus are probably more stringent.
An accidental shooting is exceptionally rare
yep - they usually do it on purpose, like if a kid gets lost and knocks on a door to ask for directions.

difference between here and there is here, the only way to obtain a handgun is illegally. there, you don't need to go to somewhere like Barry and risk life and limb to obtain a sidearm (handgun), in fact you can just pick them up in the supermarket or get one free with every ten gallons of petrol.

God help us all.

Edit: Wrote a novel (quoted in later posts), but deleted. Apologies to future readers. Lost a close family member this week. Generally have more tact than to comment on something so controversial. I’ll keep in the bee lane if I return. Thanks much.
Sorry to hear of your loss. Keep posting, everyone is allowed an opinion and discussion enables us to develop our views. Respectfully and robustly disagreeing whilst still 'getting on' is something society is losing.

God help us all.

It's a broad church here - lots of views and opinions and the only rules are keep it clean and, if you disagree, kick the ball not the man. Threads often wander off track and it's one of the things that keeps this forum alive and interesting - there's always something to grab your attention even if you don't always agree.

Our condolences for your loss - there's no need to restrict your postings - keep them coming.

It's a broad church here - lots of views and opinions and the only rules are keep it clean and, if you disagree, kick the ball not the man. Threads often wander off track and it's one of the things that keeps this forum alive and interesting - there's always something to grab your attention even if you don't always agree.

Our condolences for your loss - there's no need to restrict your postings - keep them coming.
Thank you more than you know.

Latest posts

Back