Bulk honey prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
It's a fairly fluid thing.... more than 10, less than 15
What is bulk honey being sold for/bought for this year? I paid £85 for 30lbs last year to tide me over (lost several hives & crop to wasps), so I may need to do the same if weather doesn’t improve……

I haven't seen anything under £100 but then again, haven't looked closely!! I saw an ad this morning £110 for 30 Lbs and a guy selling last year's stock for £100 in South Wales.

6-8 weeks ago I was buying some kit from my local supplier which is also a honey business.
He suggested a price of £3-£3.20 per pound for bulk buckets. I've been ok selling it in 12oz jars though.

bulk prices have little to do with inflation, it's what honey packers are prepared to pay, with everyone boasting of bumper crops the last few years means prices have stayed low, I've spoken to a few bee farmers who have been stockpiling their honey in the hope of a few bad years which will boost prices, one who has also been buying in and stockpiling until prices rise.

bulk prices have little to do with inflation, it's what honey packers are prepared to pay, with everyone boasting of bumper crops the last few years means prices have stayed low, I've spoken to a few bee farmers who have been stockpiling their honey in the hope of a few bad years which will boost prices, one who has also been buying in and stockpiling until prices rise.
It's not shares though and a bit of a gamble if you can't shift it. I was considering buying a few buckets but if stockists can't sell it and don't want to drop their profit margin, I will lose out.

It's not shares though and a bit of a gamble if you can't shift it.
speaking to a bee farmer/honey packer last week, he's happy to hang on to it for years, he's got containers full of the stuff from years ago

Inflation has made producing honey far more expensive over the past years, the packers will be forced to pay more and soon going on this years poor harvest.

I've tons stored; no way I'd sell for £3 lb considering the costs and graft involved, but £4 lb would be a business minimum to cover running costs.

Last edited:
So how much per lb bulk in Warwickshire?
My business, £4 minimum depending on type (beans/osr/borrage/echium/lime/chestnut/etc) but comb much more.

But then again, BFA member, DASH and running a serious breeding programme so have to factor these costs into production.

archaeologist digs up an ancient grave with a pot of honey in it
Met a man at market whose friend was an archeologist who did that in Italy. The amphora (sealed I guess with beeswax) had preserved the honey which was edible if lacking in taste.

Further down they found the reason for storing it: a royal baby, sent to the afterlife.

The amphora (sealed I guess with beeswax) had preserved the honey which was edible if lacking in taste.
would suit the tastes of the average supermarket honey buyer nowadays
Further down they found the reason for storing it: a royal baby, sent to the afterlife.
nothing like honey with a bit of body to it

Latest posts

Back