Lincoln Bee Auction

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilberdyke John

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
My phone just reminded me about tomorrow's auction. I don't think I'll be attending this year as I have developed an aversion to being stuck with buyers premiums. Beverley manage to run their auction successfully without adding this extra cost onto their lots. Maybe I'm a dinosaur but if the seller is also being charged a commission its taking two bites out of the same cherry.
As a separate consideration I wonder how the colonies have coped with being inspected in the cold weather this year? I'm not planning on opening up unless there's a sustained improvement in my area although this morning there's a lot of flying going on at 12.5 degrees despite the chill wind.💨

My phone just reminded me about tomorrow's auction. I don't think I'll be attending this year as I have developed an aversion to being stuck with buyers premiums. Beverley manage to run their auction successfully without adding this extra cost onto their lots. Maybe I'm a dinosaur but if the seller is also being charged a commission its taking two bites out of the same cherry.
As a separate consideration I wonder how the colonies have coped with being inspected in the cold weather this year? I'm not planning on opening up unless there's a sustained improvement in my area although this morning there's a lot of flying going on at 12.5 degrees despite the chill wind.💨
Went to the Auction yesterday but didn't buy anything. There were only 2 nucs for sale well down on previous years.

A lot of kit this year was making more than you could buy it for new.. still a few bargains to be had but not as many as last couple of years.

Frames and foundation were particularly expensive.

But it’s a good day out and drop on the occasional bargain.

A lot of kit this year was making more than you could buy it for new.. still a few bargains to be had but not as many as last couple of years.

Frames and foundation were particularly expensive.

But it’s a good day out and drop on the occasional bargain.
As there were only a couple of colonies for sale at Lincoln, I'm guessing there will be a few disappointed prospective purchasers out there. I've just read a post in the Selby Beekeepers FB group where a member is suffering health limitations and trying to reduce her beekeeping burden. A look at their FB group might be interesting.

Latest posts

Back