Clover nectar flow

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have half acre of white clover. Bumbles but no honey bees. But today the smell was wonderful. Think the 24 degree statement could be correct could be a good week.

Hope so. I have moved some bees to a farm which is currently alive with clover. Fingers crossed.
Cazza

Silly question...:D I have a garden full of white clover...BUt never seen a honey bees on there - only bumbles - any suggestions??
Cut the Clover once. Possibly when it first flowers. These tend to be bigger flowers and only Bumble Bees have a long enough tongue to get to it. When they re-shoot, the second bloom should be smaller and easier for the Honey Bees to get into.

F N Howes in his classic 'Plants and Beekeeping' reckons that White Clover will continue to secrete nectar at quite low temperatures while the flow should be better when warmer. Soil is probably a more significant factor than temperature with good lime content very positive factor.

Latest posts

Back