Bad Weather coming for the South of England

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need Michael Fish's reverse forecasts right now :)
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Wind's getting up here
Beautifully sunny though :)
The odd bee is peeping out then thinking the better of it.

Too much for this one !!!

Wind's getting up here
Beautifully sunny though :)
The odd bee is peeping out then thinking the better of it.

Too much for this one !!!

There we are! shouldn't have been allowed to put the damned thing up in the first place!!
Piping up a little bit with us but also with the odd burst of bright sunshine

Torrential downpours, strong gusting wind, the odd spell of bright sunshine. Just back from apairy where I was making sure all is lashed down and while there the bees were not only flying but very busy bringing in pollen.

I am supposed to fly to Chicago tomorrow! Seems I will be going from one windy city to another...

wind starting to really pick up down here. I got blown over while trying to take my bee suit off after strapping my hives down. Suit started to look like a kite.

Yep. Its getting very windy here now.
I have placed a second brick on each of my Poly Hives so they should be ok :blush5:

southern rail have closed all their network tomorrow morning until network rail declare the railways safe after the weather blows through.

Edit: network rail have closed the whole of the south east network, shame im on half term would have been a great day off lol lol.

Last edited:
most trains across wales wont start till after 9am

HWMBO popped out for the weekly Sunday Coop bargain hunt to find the shelves stripped bare. Staff said it was the busiest Sunday ever. What is the matter with people? You'd think war had been declared with pestilence and famine to follow.
Cazza

It's OK ... according to the Daily Mail they are coming next week ... and floods of biblical proportions ...:icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

That's it then, I'm building an ark tomorrow, as I firmly believe everything I read in the Daily Snail.
C

That's it then, I'm building an ark tomorrow, as I firmly believe everything I read in the Daily Snail.
C

Well, the good thing is that, with your knowledge as a beekeeper, you can dispense with the need for Two bees ... You'll only need 1 queen !! Space left for a bumble ....

Well, the good thing is that, with your knowledge as a beekeeper, you can dispense with the need for Two bees ... You'll only need 1 queen !! Space left for a bumble ....

Ah! but what about all the kit you need - at least one attic full and half a shed! :spy:

There was an early post on the Dark side forum from a person who bought JUST a queen bee with attendants then put it in an empty hive then moaned she did not lay eggs, asking should sheadd male drone bees

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back