Aggressive Bees 16 stings in one EAR

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great advice guys I just ordered a new suite with a big hat, I also wash my suite this morning and went to orchard this afternoon put super on hive 5 also checked hive 8 found queen marked her and no stings what so ever? may be there is something in this smell business, the idea that the smell of your sweat changes after you have been stung may well have something in it. Still happy stingless bee keeper today.

Bees appear to hate human sweat.

I avoid hives after returning from a run: even early in the morning, the odd bee out stung me..

I now always ensure I'm properly showered before beekeeping - no scents allowed.

I went up to look at the orchard just to make sure all is well and Oh look nice calm bees just going about there business? Ps Ear now back to normal size

I went up to look at the orchard just to make sure all is well and Oh look nice calm bees just going about there business? Ps Ear now back to normal size

Good to hear :) (er, no pun intended)

Enrico

I bought a can of fabi-spray after reading your earlier post on this thread and tried it out this pm.

it worked a treat, thanks for mentioning as i'd never heard of it before.

richard

How did you manage to get stung so bad on the ear??

I have one colony that was a super swarm in May that has always been aggressive, but now are just downright nasty.

Only issue is they fly whatever the weather, so are producing honey.

I would change to queen, but want to let them finish this seasons production.

I going to buy fabi spray

I have one colony that was a super swarm in May that has always been aggressive, but now are just downright nasty.

Only issue is they fly whatever the weather, so are producing honey.

I would change to queen, but want to let them finish this seasons production.

I going to buy fabi spray

diluted VIMTO is cheaper:smilielol5:

:party:

My suite is just a little small on the hood and the little girls home in on my right side? whats more annoying is my misses never got it once and I was just taking notes.

Ah well, it's all part of the joy of keeping bees, I'm sure it will be fine when you get a new suit - best to try this one on before purchase.

Chris

No problem Richard. fabi spray can be a life saver but don't use it as a rule! I have it with me when I need to do something quickly with no smoker lit, if you use it regularly they will not like you opening the hive! I do use it on stroppy hives but be careful, too much and they will bundle out of the entrance to get you! It is good for emergencies. Pleased to help....oh and try not to drop it. I dropped one and broke the spray cap off. It went offl like a rocket and the whole area smelt of it for day's!! Very unhappy bees!

Chris I bought my first suite on line from shriff....... XXL you would think the hood would be quite large but hey just finished the bees and the new suite is the Dogs boll**ks not one sting now able to enjoy the bees again.

Latest posts

Back