Which mid range jacket?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivia9801

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I’ve got two very good bee suits but would like a zipped jacket version to enable that quick set up situation without having to put the full suit on.

I was thinking of going same price range which for jackets is about £160-£180. However, after viewing the other options, I’m tempted to think about mid price range. Has anyone bought clothing from “Simon the beekeeper“ and if so what do they think of it?

Can anyone recommend their suit if it fits into the mid price range?

Thank you,

I did.
Got a large child one for the size 10 swmbo
Very impressed we were.

Bought one for myself now too

We were going to remortgage and get Sentinels but she flatly refused the colour of the Queen and I didn't like the look of the Pro.

50 quid is not really even mid range but the quality is pretty damn good.
It appears to have been designed by a beek with decent materials and workmanship.
The fit is very nice
Detachable veil is essential but the deal-breaker is that Simon gives you two.
The only thing is the sizing chart is nuts so if you go for one ask back here for our experience first

Still got the dyeing to do on the old ones but waiting for the ridicule to subside

I did.
Got a large child one for the size 10 swmbo
Very impressed we were.

Bought one for myself now too

We were going to remortgage and get Sentinels but she flatly refused the colour of the Queen and I didn't like the look of the Pro.

50 quid is not really even mid range but the quality is pretty damn good.
It appears to have been designed by a beek with decent materials and workmanship.
The fit is very nice
Detachable veil is essential but the deal-breaker is that Simon gives you two.
The only thing is the sizing chart is nuts so if you go for one ask back here for our experience first

Still got the dyeing to do on the old ones but waiting for the ridicule to subside

Please advise me on ”Simons” sizing as I’m 6ft 5 and 19st, so dont want to get this wrong.

You can always return-even if the chart was tangible-its UK law
I'm 5'10, 32"waist,38chest
Hight wise a small would be no good but widthwise Id look like Michelin man.
I chose a medium which would be even more enormous but it's perfect-not tight but not baggy Ditto the wife's one
I've had lots of bother with stbk in the past but I'm glad I gave him a repreive.
I don't think you will get a better suit at that price

I'm very similar dimensions but use a large which fits me just right including bending down and crouching.

StBK, depends what you buy but the Professional suits are probably the best value item they have by a country mile. I also like the metal handled honey buckets too and some of their bulk buy items are good value.

Thank you for your replies. I'm going for STBK professional.

I’ve got two very good bee suits but would like a zipped jacket version to enable that quick set up situation without having to put the full suit on.

I was thinking of going same price range which for jackets is about £160-£180. However, after viewing the other options, I’m tempted to think about mid price range. Has anyone bought clothing from “Simon the beekeeper“ and if so what do they think of it?

Can anyone recommend their suit if it fits into the mid price range?

Thank you,
Just received a Sherriff jacket, more in your original price range. Do all sizes - I bought small long which fits great, other makes in small, the arms are too short. I bought their full suit last 5-6 seasons ago and guaranteed for 15 years. Bought at the spring convention with £20 discount and free postage. They sometimes give discount (10%) if you say you’re a beginner (got a discount on my original). Bought as I wanted a second ‘suit’ but decided to go for jacket and will buy cheap over trousers.

I’ve bought cheaper other suit and jacket 3 years ago, a ‘sting proof’ make, but zip broke last week, elastic thread round legs and waist in full suit and jacket came apart and both veils got holes in & was stung on my neck. Only lasted 3 years, wasn’t Simon the beekeeper, mid range sounds good for occasional use.

Just received a Sherriff jacket, more in your original price range. Do all sizes - I bought small long which fits great, other makes in small, the arms are too short. I bought their full suit last 5-6 seasons ago and guaranteed for 15 years. Bought at the spring convention with £20 discount and free postage. They sometimes give discount (10%) if you say you’re a beginner (got a discount on my original). Bought as I wanted a second ‘suit’ but decided to go for jacket and will buy cheap over trousers.

I’ve bought cheaper other suit and jacket 3 years ago, a ‘sting proof’ make, but zip broke last week, elastic thread round legs and waist in full suit and jacket came apart and both veils got holes in & was stung on my neck. Only lasted 3 years, wasn’t Simon the beekeeper, mid range sounds good for occasional use.
Many Thanks!

Back