Sentinel Pro II Beekeeping Suit - First thoughts

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worth a punt at £50 .. I've just ordered one.

Resisted for just over a day, good value at £50-odd delivered me thinks. I usually wear the half suits more for convenience anyway.

I have just ordered one as well to go along with all the other beekeeping garb I am accumulating.
Think they should give a cut to the forum for all the orders they will have received recently :)
S

: Note to self I must throw out some old torn, pre-slimmed down version of myself and non usable suits at some point

I've bitten the bullet. The jacket will pair nicely with my Kevlar combat pants, provided the bees don't take against their being black. I'm looking forward to watching my bee buddy sweat while I keep cool.

What's the best veil type to go for on this suit as you get the option of both anybody tried both of them?

I was advised on my original order to go for the fencing type veil rather than the hat by Ian from OCFH.

Mine arrived yesterday as well ... nicely made, good YKK zips, pockets in all the right places- feels comfortable and very light ... like the jacket a lot. However I went for the traditional hat and I'm not sure about it ... I've always preferred hats to fencing type veils but this one has a wire support in the middle of the veil at about nose level and when I bend the veil creases a bit too close to my chin for comfort.. I might buy a fencing type veil to see which works best ... or at the price they are perhaps a second jacket...

Good product though ... label says made in Croatia...

Ordered one tonight and it might be overkill for my needs as I only have one beehive down the bottom of the garden and have been using a cheap £10 smock thus far without any issues and sometimes don't even need to use that, bees are nice but that could all change.

Mine arrived yesterday and it's OK as a backup I'd say. It seems well built but I'm not sure I'd be happy if I'd paid full price. Main sticking point for me is the massive sleeves. The cheap ebay jacket I have has tight elastic cuffs. This bunches up a bit when you tighten the velcro strap. I can't see why the sleeves and cuffs are so wide. Can't see it being as easy to stretch nitriles over this and keep it bee-tight.
Will give it a go like.

Otherwise, solid everywhere else. Veil visibility slightly better than my ebay jacket, not as good as the Ozarmour one.

I'm sure it will prove its worth when it's hot, although that will be a while yet!

Mine arrived yesterday and it's OK as a backup I'd say. It seems well built but I'm not sure I'd be happy if I'd paid full price. Main sticking point for me is the massive sleeves. The cheap ebay jacket I have has tight elastic cuffs. This bunches up a bit when you tighten the velcro strap. I can't see why the sleeves and cuffs are so wide. Can't see it being as easy to stretch nitriles over this and keep it bee-tight.
Will give it a go like.

Otherwise, solid everywhere else. Veil visibility slightly better than my ebay jacket, not as good as the Ozarmour one.

I'm sure it will prove its worth when it's hot, although that will be a while yet!

I actually like the cuffs .. I wear sports wrist bands with the nitriles or marigolds and the velcro tighteners pull down well onto the wrist bands - there's not going to be any unwanted visitors coming up my sleeves ! I'd put the gloves under the sleeves not over them ..

OCFH also sell gauntlets. I have a pair, which I use routinely. It is probably overkill but they only take a few seconds to put on and do a good job of sealing the cuff area.

I actually like the cuffs .. I wear sports wrist bands with the nitriles or marigolds and the velcro tighteners pull down well onto the wrist bands - there's not going to be any unwanted visitors coming up my sleeves ! I'd put the gloves under the sleeves not over them ..

On my other jacket, I stick my marigolds on under the sleeve, thumb loop over, then nitriles on top and over the sleeve. Glove/Sleeve/Glove. Works really well for me. Will likely have to change to Angry Mob's idea below:

I think the cuffs are probably the weakest part of the design but not a deal breaker. I wear the gloves underneath and the cuffs over as well. A pair of gauntlets might be a good investment however. https://www.abelo.co.uk/shop/protective-clothing/jacket-hat-veil-gaiters-gauntlets/gauntlets/

My suit also arrived yesterday.

Maybe an extra step in getting bee-ready but like you say, not a deal breaker. Might get some gauntlets, not really hurting at that price.

Latest posts

Back