Swienty breeze suit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddydog

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
150+ nucs and hives
I do like this suit other than the hood which I find a pain. The mesh constantly presses on to my face and is so stiff it acts like a cheese grater! I've tried wearing a baseball cap to no avail.
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know which, if any, replacement hoods might fit the zipper. I could use a separate hood/veil but would prefer something attached.

It's the veil that put me off this suit. How does it fasten? Two zippers that start at the back of the hood? My BB Wear suits and my Oz Armour have a similar zip set up, do you have any old suits you could try? I'm just guessing but I reckon most are nylon and they look pretty standard.

How does it zip? If two meet at the front, find a BBWear hood and compare. Most good hoods use YKK zips.

I put my BBWear hood in the wash at least four times a week (no special protection) and it has never showed the slightest inclination to collapse.

Bought a new Sheriff on eBay a few years ago, and from day one the hood condensed onto my face. Going to replace it with a BBWear hood.

We both have three breeze suits apiece & find the veil to be a pain. I do have one with a lady who is modifying a fencing veil to fit.
i will post pictures when it comes back, overall they are a good suit, but my oldest which is now in its third season is starting to look like a bag of rags.

Yeah it's the standard two zips that start at the back and meet at the front.
It's a nylon YKK zip but it's far larger (gauge?) than either the BBwear or Sheriff suits (I've got both). If you could attach the BB fencing style hood to the Swienty you'd have a great suit IMHO

Personally I find the Breezer a good suit

4th season now and still going strong.

No issues with the veil. I always wear a cap under anyway due to lack of hair to protect a sweaty head from being a target on a hot day

I have a breeze suit and a sheriff and wife has bbwear. Only frustration I have with breeze is driving between sites as the hood does not lay flat on my back. Was surprised at how good the visibility is through the rigid mesh.
Anyway as per the OP I tried the hood from other makes on the breeze. The zip teeth are compatible but the length of the zips is not so you have a couple of inches gap at the front.

I have a breeze suit and a sheriff and wife has bbwear. Only frustration I have with breeze is driving between sites as the hood does not lay flat on my back. Was surprised at how good the visibility is through the rigid mesh.
Anyway as per the OP I tried the hood from other makes on the breeze. The zip teeth are compatible but the length of the zips is not so you have a couple of inches gap at the front.
Yep, you're right, that's what I meant. The zips are compatible but the length isn't and would leave a gap at the front.
I'm going to have another look at it to see if I can bodge something or maybe try a hat with a wider brim

Latest posts

Back