whats happening to the price of sugar??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poundstretcher (if you have one near you, check their website) have a special on 79p/kg or £1.50 for 2 x 1kg (75p/kg)

As I only see the price of sugar rising I have done one run and contemplating a 2nd run to stock up for future!

** Just to point out I do not work for them, just passing on the info I found **

Ummm.
My Sainsburys had 5kg bags for £3.99, without any promotional signage, when I got some for the marmalade... which I think is *down* about 80p since the Autumn.

Ummm.
My Sainsburys had 5kg bags for £3.99, without any promotional signage, when I got some for the marmalade... which I think is *down* about 80p since the Autumn.

You feed your bees marmalade?

Chunky or thin sliced?

:coolgleamA:not worthy:coolgleamA:

You feed your bees marmalade?

Chunky or thin sliced?
...​

Which do yours prefer? :)

Late Jan into Feb is the very short season for the bitter (useless for football half time) Seville oranges that go into all the very best home-made marmalades, (even if I say so myself!)
But you do need about twice as much sugar as the weight of oranges ...

If Sugar is up then why is honey not up as well ?

All sugar has gone up, if we all put up the price of honey we would get a better price. But the supermarkets sell honey so cheap the public won't pay a price for the 'real thing'. Also people need sugar, they can do without honey. Sorry.
Steven

All sugar has gone up, if we all put up the price of honey we would get a better price. But the supermarkets sell honey so cheap the public won't pay a price for the 'real thing'. Also people need sugar, they can do without honey. Sorry.
Steven

Life without honey ... would not be Life !
:seeya:

Ummm.

Just checked and the offer is national, 80p/kg compare to £1 for the 1kg bags

Thanks to this writing, I noticed that sugar price has rised 15% during winter.

When sugar feedings are actual in Autumn and sugar "flows" in grocery, Lidl uses to lift the price 10%.

Latest posts

Back