Weald Farm Orders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its fair to say he has had more than his fair share of problems.

That is not to say a lot of his customers have had more than their fair share of the cr*p also?

One could not expect any other stance than looking for the sympathy vote. But a lot of customers will have heeded (too late, mind you) the warnings given on this forum last year into this.

A lot of them will now respond quietly by using their option not to trade with the company again, ie 'voting with their feet' as they say.

It might even be questioned as to the price charged for this product which was (apparently) of so much less value than the invisible one advertised. Were any customers charged the full thirty pounds for the P*ynes 'apparently lower quality' item?

So just a predictable response and it likely stopped him being completely overrun by the 'lynch-mob' gang.

I wonder how many on here now have WPF as their preferred supplier?

RAB

i talked to a respected Essex Beekeeper who I know well and who was working on the WPF stand today and reading between the lines ,I think WPF has had Cash flow problems but then with banks in their current mode which small business doesn't.

i will still have an open mind but!!!!!!

what would one case of AFB in east Essex do to his turnover

did he not have the cash from all the orders placed over the last 6 months to play with?

oliver90owner;126345 said:
its fair to say he has had more than his fair share of problems.

That is not to say a lot of his customers have had more than their fair share of the cr*p also?

One could not expect any other stance than looking for the sympathy vote. But a lot of customers will have heeded (too late, mind you) the warnings given on this forum last year into this.

A lot of them will now respond quietly by using their option not to trade with the company again, ie 'voting with their feet' as they say.

It might even be questioned as to the price charged for this product which was (apparently) of so much less value than the invisible one advertised. Were any customers charged the full thirty pounds for the P*ynes 'apparently lower quality' item?

So just a predictable response and it likely stopped him being completely overrun by the 'lynch-mob' gang.

I wonder how many on here now have WPF as their preferred supplier?

RAB

Well im a great believer in not passing problems along to customers. As a businessman myself, my problems should never become my customers problems.

I spoke to him today about what has been said on this forum and he admitted he could have done things better… naive? Maybe. Hindsight is a great thing I guess.

But I bought an over wintered nuc from him a few months back, to be picked up at the start of April. We are now two weeks into April and I get my Nuc on Monday.

Bad communications? Yes!

I was supposed to get my Nuc in one of these all singing all dancing Ploy Nucs he was shouting so much about. But im am not getting the ones he said I would get, im now getting one of the Ploy Nucs from his competitor that he is selling. But TBF I don't really care about the Poly Nuc design, colour or who made it. I just want my bees before I miss the OSR, if its not too late already.

I find most customers will put up with a bad service as long as they are kept informed about delays. That’s his Achilles' heel, lack of communication.

You make it seem like 'naivity', but this is not his first foray in a business venture? 'Slow learner' might be a more appropriate term if we are to give him any 'benefit of the doubt', but surely that cannot be the case here?

I just want my bees before I miss the OSR

Not for a honey crop, I hope! Because if you did, you never had any real chance of that from a 5-frame nuc, or even a 6-framer!

Regards, RAB

oliver90owner;126369 said:
You make it seem like 'naivity', but this is not his first foray in a business venture? 'Slow learner' might be a more appropriate term if we are to give him any 'benefit of the doubt', but surely that cannot be the case here?

I just want my bees before I miss the OSR

Not for a honey crop, I hope! Because if you did, you never had any real chance of that from a 5-frame nuc, or even a 6-framer!

Regards, RAB

nah i got some OSR close by (which started to bloom 2 weeks ago) and I was hoping it would help build the colony up for a stronger finish to the year. I was hoping to be able to split the colony latter in the season, and hopefully go into next year with 2 colony's. Honey is not my objective this year. If i get some, well thats nice. But i would rather lay off the expence £££ of getting all the extraction kit until next year if i can.

WPF is reasonably close to me, within 50 miles. So I would rather give this bloke a fair crack at the whip, being a local'ish supplier. But at the first sign of sloppy service, I will be voting with my feet, as I would expect anyone to do if they were given a sloppy service.

I ordered a nuc back in February and got through immediately to make my purchase. Since then no replies to emails and phone calls. Has anyone received any orders they have placed?

I haven't ordered from this chap but did consider it. I must say watching him walk the walk and talk the talk with potential customers on his stand at Stoneleigh he has some bottle :rofl:

I ordered 2 nuc's in Dec, took my money and never returned my calls or emails.

Then 2 weeks ago he said my nuc's were ready, 2 late.....got them off someone else

Busy Bee;126202 said:
Are you allowed to import bees into Southern Ireland

I think you mean the Republic, BB. Unless you specifically mean the southern part of the island.

Very glad I didn't order from him in the end.

psafloyd;134106 said:
Very glad I didn't order from him in the end.

I did order from him and got the over wintered Nuc on the day he said i would. When i went down to pick the Nuc up he had 30+ over wintered Nucs ready to go. He also had pallet loads of the Polly Nuc boxes everyone was waiting for...

Nice bloke, needs to sit down and answer his email more, but he has answered his phone to me every single time. Also answers text messages i send to his phone. Just not his email.

He even went out his way and sent one of his trainee beekeepers (55 miles) out to me to deliver 4 plastic spacers for the frames of bees I bought as I had hofmen frames and he gave me frames with plastic spacers.

I even went to buy another Nuc of bees from him last week from his Mid May Nucs, but he was all sold out. So I guess he is getting the orders in and fulfilling them as promised.

The Nuc of bees i got are nice Friendly bees, and hard working. I have had my bees for 4 weeks now and they have filled the BB and are half way to filling their first super.

To top things off I have had 0 mites drop in the 4 weeks! Mite free bees!

So I can say the opposite to you. I am glad I did buy from William!

Winker;134129 said:
I did order from him and got the over wintered Nuc on the day he said i would. When i went down to pick the Nuc up he had 30+ over wintered Nucs ready to go. He also had pallet loads of the Polly Nuc boxes everyone was waiting for...

Nice bloke, needs to sit down and answer his email more, but he has answered his phone to me every single time. Also answers text messages i send to his phone. Just not his email.

He even went out his way and sent one of his trainee beekeepers (55 miles) out to me to deliver 4 plastic spacers for the frames of bees I bought as I had hofmen frames and he gave me frames with plastic spacers.

I even went to buy another Nuc of bees from him last week from his Mid May Nucs, but he was all sold out. So I guess he is getting the orders in and fulfilling them as promised.

The Nuc of bees i got are nice Friendly bees, and hard working. I have had my bees for 4 weeks now and they have filled the BB and are half way to filling their first super.

To top things off I have had 0 mites drop in the 4 weeks! Mite free bees!

So I can say the opposite to you. I am glad I did buy from William!

I don't like doing business with people who haven't the courtesy to respond to my queries.

He could have been Mother Theresa, but if he didn't communicate, he'd get a black mark from me.

So I am glad I avoided stressing myself out. If he resolves the problems in the furure, I shall remember you got mite free (lite, surely?) bees.

Winker;134129 said:
He also had pallet loads of the Polly Nuc boxes everyone was waiting for...

Hmmmm, not quite the Nucs came from another supplier and were not the ones he promised.
Would I buy from him again well once bitten!
S

Stiffy;134176 said:
Hmmmm, not quite the Nucs came from another supplier and were not the ones he promised.
Would I buy from him again well once bitten!
S

Agreed! Not the ones, he said he was getting.

I bought my Nuc of bees from him, which were meant to come in one of his own Polly Nuc Boxes. But I got my Nuc of bees in one of the alternative Polly Nucs which he bought in from P****s. It did not matter to me one bit that the Polly Nuc box was a different design. The Polly Nuc box did what it was meant to do! I got what he said i would get...Bees in a polly nuc.

But he gave me an outstanding customer service, so i have no complaints

it is not the over winter NUCs that worry me but his new queens mating in the 500 mixed hive drone pool from all over england for his June/July Nucs

should be a nice mixed of DNA, to make some nice second generation aggressive bees

Hi everyone

Have people received their orders from Weald Farm yet? I've heard the chap has had some problems with his staff being ill and his email connection has been down. I had to send 3 or 4 emails before getting a reply asking me to call him. I called today and was told that my Mid May nuc will be sent out next week (sending out on a first come first served basis) and they'll call me to confirm. I really hope this is true and I'm not being fobbed off but I can't say I'm convinced at the moment. It'll be the end of May when/if I get them, which I'm not too bothered about but I think it's the lack of communication that has given people reason for concern.

i ordered some Queens from him, no reply to emails over the last 6 weeks, the lack of communication is a major problem for him. Just called and managed to get though and they have no record of my transaction !! thank god i kept the reciept and id numbers, just waiting for a call back.

I WILL not be using him again ..

just got a call back, my order will be sent tomorrow morning. her excuse was that it was only her second day so she does not know why i didnt recieve my order ?!?

to be fair i have had more problems with Th**ns that WPF. I placed an order with Th**ns7 weeks ago for foundation, white queen marker and press in cage.

Took them 4 weeks to ship the order, and they ignored 6 of my emails. Then when the order gets here its short of the press in queen cage.

So i have to wait another 4 weeks for them to ship the part they missed out! Total time 8 weeks for a simple order.

Then i bought the bees on a budget bee hive and it came with a plastic QE one of the harmless ones not the orange ones. Which was not letting the bees up to the super. So far they have ignored me for 3 weeks on the subject and 3 emails ignored.

Th**ns have to got have the worst customer service i have ever come across and i wont be using them again!

Winker;134474 said:
Th**ns have to got have the worst customer service i have ever come across and i wont be using them again!

I've ordered loads of stuff from them and never had any problems

Latest posts

Back