Weald Farm Orders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theengraver

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
400 + 200 Nucs + 200 Mating Hives
I think its time to call trading standards
no reply to emails or phone calls

I thought as much he was makng allot of promises

They have been on the forum in the last week.

Try a PM to them...

had a reply from them within 10 minutes stock arriving and will be dispatched to all customer awaiting orders within the next 7 days
a shame they could not reply to any of the other emails or calls before

I hope you are right as I have just about reached the point were I approach trading standards as well.
Beekeeping is a very 'tight' community and goodwill is very important for future orders!
I really cant understand how traders cant send a quick email to people waiting for orders.
Cheers
S

had a reply from them within 10 minutes

So was it true, or were you just being stalled, fobbed off, etc.?

Cynical 'landlord' that I am.

RAB

Well he lost a sale to me through not replying to emails at an earlier stage - always pays to test the system before parting with cash. Wonder how many more he's lost?

hi
not sure but i think i was being fobbed off he said i would have my order within 7 days
but we are now on day 6 and nothing as yet.
i think any goodwill has been and gone and there will be no more orders from me

On the other hand ordered a pallet of nucs from paynes and i had them last week all perfect good comms from them so there getting all my business now

Get in touch with trading standards and let them sort it out

:iagree: with Veg ( now there's a rarity LoL :) )
If there is nothing wrong, then absolutely no problem and if it's just laxity, then a wake up call to the corporate communications dept. :party:

Slightly louder than the ring of a PM, phone call or email.

Have to say I have found Paynes excellent on delivery and packaging - unless they warn you that something is not in stock - and relaibility goes a long way. However, I was worried about a supplier recently - same sort of story - some ignored emails, then it would be collected one Monday and arrive the wednesday after. I had to phone again - worried that I might have lost more than £100- but it all came good and they gave a goodwill delivery refund because of the delay. Message to suppliers - we understand that sometimes things go wrong but if you keep us informed we'd be grateful and could ride an odd problem. When we get no contact we worry and we don't return for products again.
Tricia

nelletap;119173 said:
Have to say I have found Paynes excellent on delivery and packaging - unless they warn you that something is not in stock - and relaibility goes a long way. However, I was worried about a supplier recently - same sort of story - some ignored emails, then it would be collected one Monday and arrive the wednesday after. I had to phone again - worried that I might have lost more than £100- but it all came good and they gave a goodwill delivery refund because of the delay. Message to suppliers - we understand that sometimes things go wrong but if you keep us informed we'd be grateful and could ride an odd problem. When we get no contact we worry and we don't return for products again.
Tricia
Agree wholeheartedly, when a company 'holds' your money in anticipation of goods I think it only polite and good business sense to keep the buyer informed of what is going on.
S

If Weald farm use virgin media, don't expect Emails their servers are being upgraded and they are having heaps of trouble !

JW

victor meldrew;119288 said:
If Weald farm use virgin media, don't expect Emails their servers are being upgraded and they are having heaps of trouble !

JW

Thats fair enough but if a company cared about is customers it would find some way of sending e-mails even if that meant taking time out to do it from an internet cafe or a library
Regards

My guess if WPF is under a lot of pressure right now. It's a highly ambitious start-up that will undoubtedly be having teething problems. It may come good or it may fail, nothing would surprise me. Having been to their stand at the National Honey Show I don't doubt the integrity of the owner and I wouldn't be panicking just yet. Calling Trading Standards is probably a little premature IMHO.

I understand he has had problems with another vendor.He has always replied promptly to me on the phone and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.I'll post when my neucs arrive.

A quick look at the Weald Farm website would suggest that attention to detail does not appear to feature strongly in their business ethos.

o90o pointed out some anomalies in their pricing on another thread, but I couldnt work out what his "WPF" referred to at the time.

Good luck to all who purchased from them, I hope you (eventually) all get what you paid for.

Let us all know how it turned out - this forum should help to support good retailers and expose the poor ones.

well, they are exibitors at Stoneleigh, so they have a stand on the Saturday

So you could all meet at stand 51 ,lets say at 2:00pm and get an answer ,i might stand in the wings an look on becuase i am just waiting to see what the actual hives are like rather than the honey show mock up, before i commit a penny

Latest posts

Back