Weald Farm Orders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MuswellMetro;119580 said:
well, they are exibitors at Stoneleigh, so they have a stand on the Saturday

So you could all meet at stand 51 ,lets say at 2:00pm and get an answer ,i might stand in the wings an look on becuase i am just waiting to see what the actual hives are like rather than the honey show mock up, before i commit a penny

They're identical to Pa---s (same manufacturer I'm told) perhaps a different colour.

The Pay*es ones have their name on them, as part of the mould. I received a small pile today for the association apiary. They arrived undamaged all the way from Sussex. Not the polystyrene quality you get with the Swienty full Nationals from Murray McGregor (who will have a nuc version later this year), but fine for their purpose and I'm sure that after a couple of coats of paint they will look just grand.

MuswellMetro;119580 said:
well, they are exibitors at Stoneleigh, so they have a stand on the Saturday

So you could all meet at stand 51 ,lets say at 2:00pm and get an answer ,i might stand in the wings an look on becuase i am just waiting to see what the actual hives are like rather than the honey show mock up, before i commit a penny

Wish I could attend, maybe someone could get a difinitive answer from them?
Cheers
S

Or you could all demand a refund and source from P**nes.

not sure but i think i was being fobbed off he said i would have my order within 7 days but we are now on day 6 and nothing as yet.

This was posted, but I could see nothing wrong with the vendor thus far. Another 2 or 3 days to go before any more alarm bells start ringing loudly, because in a previous post the same person had said (quote):

had a reply from them within 10 minutes stock arriving and will be dispatched to all customer awaiting orders within the next 7 days

Those only reading the emboldened post may well be given the improper suggestion that there was only one day remaing before the delivery promise expiring. That would appear to be misleading and unecessarily scathing to the vendor (or he was clever enough to make that 'promise' that way).

For those still not understanding, let me elaborate. There is a subtle difference between despatch, and delivery of the goods to the buyer.

Give him a break, if he deserves it - otherwise go elsewhere is my advice. However you may have made payment, non delivery and refusal to refund would be grounds for a word to your bank.

RAB

Rab
the reply in 10 minutes was from an email stating the involvment of trading standard!
all other email ignored
the 7 day was delivery within 7 days not dispatch.
If i do not have or been informed of dispatch by Friday of this week then i will be esculating this matter further.

The order i placed was a test order to see the quality of items and there delivery times and customer service i think they have failed on all counts barr the quality of items that can not be seen.

as for going else were i already have Paynes got the order in the end very good service prompt delivery

I was promised "next day delivery" with the items being " sent " on Wed 23rd Mar.Still havent received them so either a broken promise or a "glitch" in the delivery system.If they're not here on Monday then serious litigation will ensue as I've already paid up front.I'm getting fed up with his excuses.Might have to have a confrontation at Stoneleigh (340 miles from here) if I decide to visit the show in April.By the way he tells me he wont have any hives until the years end.

iv ordered two lots of bees from this guy

johna;120536 said:
I was promised "next day delivery" with the items being " sent " on Wed 23rd Mar.Still havent received them so either a broken promise or a "glitch" in the delivery system.If they're not here on Monday then serious litigation will ensue as I've already paid up front.I'm getting fed up with his excuses.Might have to have a confrontation at Stoneleigh (340 miles from here) if I decide to visit the show in April.By the way he tells me he wont have any hives until the years end.

260 miles for me to drive and even with a wonderful 1p off fuel from our Con/lib friends I still cant afford it.
Why oh why is he still advetising hives if he doesnt expect them until year end!
After discussing with Trading Standards, if there is still no delivery Monday they will be getting a letter asking for goods or a payment refund within 7 days, next step credit card company and/or small claims.
Cheers
S

jallen;120538 said:
iv ordered two lots of bees from this guy

I have to ask why? its a brand new company who's plans are bordering on ridiculous (imho) especially re the number of nucs being imported. They have no trading history and yet everyone assumes all will be fine. On top of all that they do training and seem (not convinced) to be developing a new poly hive range and all with limited staff and resources. And yet ppl keep ordering. From memory I think the owner came on here banging on about how much money the banks had invested in the project - alarm bells ringing loud and clear! Not because of what was said but why on earth he was on here saying that type of thing in the first place.

I do hope all goes well for them and for those that ordered but at the same time will not be surprised if it goes t1ts up.

You must have all got so much cash free - their nuc/bee prices are not cheap either!

PS and no this is not rant from a 'typical beek' who wishes he was doing what they are doing - promise, I just think their plans are massively ambitious

I strongly suspect this is cold water time.

All I can say that I have heard very ominous things about this project.

If you do not have a plan b then it might be time to think of one.

If you are looking to buy poly then quality is the main concern and if it is less than 100g/litre then please think hard about how long you want the item to last you.

PH

PH,

On top of all that has been punted around re taking money up front and delayed delivery, you are not suggesting these will be the wrong side of the 100kg/cubic metre are you?

RAB

I am not suggesting anything.

I just know that anything south of the right figure is not worth having as the bees will chew it.

I hear some are already discovering this....

PH

Everyone seems to have forgotten that this was a resurrection business after the printing business failed, leaving the owner with £300 in his sky rocket. That happened because the business didn't manage to keep up with changing trading conditions in the printing industry.

It doesn't sound too hopeful going forward. I would actually be surprised if there was an actual presence at Stonleigh unless the news is good very soon. How likely is that, with the communications blinds down?

Well i have had no delivery or any comms since the mention i made to him regarding trading standards! If its true what the last poster said he started with £300 in his pocket
He seems to be trying to fund this with OPM ( other peoples money) and if he can not deliver very soon SHTF ( **** hits the fan) as selling what you dont have taking payment via any online payment system soon becomes a legal matter not just bad business ! I am today emailing to request a full refund

No offence but is there any point in e-mailing if they are not answering them. Send the boys round.

The point of the email would be the evidence of refund request

theengraver;120653 said:
The point of the email would be the evidence of refund request

I was advised by Trading Standards that it is best to use Royal mail 'signed for' as this will be accepted in court as independent proof of delivery. My letter will be going sent Monday afternoon unless a miracle happens and the Nucs arrive Monday morning.
Cheers
S

Stiffy;120690 said:
I was advised by Trading Standards that it is best to use Royal mail 'signed for' as this will be accepted in court as independent proof of delivery. My letter will be going sent Monday afternoon unless a miracle happens and the Nucs arrive Monday morning.
Cheers
S

I paid via PAYPAL.If he doesn't ante up the goods they will pull the plug on him and stop him trading.PAYPAL uses customers credit cards to pay the dealer so I am at least protected by my bank if it's fraudulent trading.

johna;120701 said:
I paid via PAYPAL.If he doesn't ante up the goods they will pull the plug on him and stop him trading.PAYPAL uses customers credit cards to pay the dealer so I am at least protected by my bank if it's fraudulent trading.

I may be wrong but I think Paypal has a time limit for refunds?

Back