Weald Farm Orders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johna;120701 said:
I paid via PAYPAL.If he doesn't ante up the goods they will pull the plug on him and stop him trading.PAYPAL uses customers credit cards to pay the dealer so I am at least protected by my bank if it's fraudulent trading.

As I thought after trying to claim money back using Paypal:

"Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction.

A dispute needs to be filed no later than 45 days from the date of the transaction and unfortunately this time frame has now passed.

We understand this may be a frustrating experience. If you have further queries on this particular transaction, the best thing to do is contact the seller directly to resolve the matter.

Please remember to file all future disputes before 45 days has passed"

Letter will be sent to them on Monday and small claim filed a week later if no joy!

S

My Gran always said that "The road to hell was paved with good intentions"....... I don't think that the guy is being dishonest.... like estate agents are... just got carried along making promises on a JIT ordering system with his ?? Chineses suppliers letting him down!

I was about to place an order with this company...... thanks for the warnings!

Pay pal will only refund if the seller has money in their account. i have been caught before.

Re my post 39 - I have contacted Paypal who have taken up my case and this elicited an immediate reply from William who will refund my money if the goods don't turn up.
RAB.monies were paid up front as this is how you do it using PayPal.This gives a level of protection which is proving positive in my case.As for moulding density -as I said before this is the same as the neucs supplied by Paynes.

I do not think I care a jot what bank someone may or may not have used. I do think that the payment so far up-front to a new business like this, is, shall we say, a tad short-sighted on the part of the buyer, but there are a lot of them out there who rush to pay for something that does not exist.

Regarding the density, I have not commented on that at all. My post (#32) was specifically directed to PH. Moulding density of this invisible (so far) product has nothing to do with the one offered by Pa*ynes and it is not, as far as I can see, identical to that supplier anyway.

I certainly would not assume they were the same product, although they may be similar.

.RAB says:-
Moulding density of this invisible (so far) product has nothing to do with the one offered by Pa*ynes and it is not, as far as I can see, identical to that supplier anyway.
johna says:-
HOW the hell can you say what you have just posted if the product is invisible and you have not seen it.How do you know if he is or not using the same moulder???If I were you RAB i would keep quiet until you HAVE SEEN A SAMPLE. :beatdeadhorse5:

Excuse me, but I am in no mood to argue with people who either do not have a brain or refuse to put it in gear.

No, let me exlain to you. Read carefully. Paynes has a varroa floor. Does this invisible, yet to be seen offering have a mesh floor? The Pa*ynes offering has their name embossed on it. Hope the WPF one is not the same. The colours are different, apparently carbon is included in the 'so far non-existant WPF product' (not actually a product if they have not yet been produced).

I would not know whether the same moulder or even the same mould is being used by one, the other, or both. They could be, they may not. I don't suppose the basic design of the mould would be copyright, but it might be slightly prudent to use the same mould given the cost of same. But I don't really care. Get a life and try to work something out yourself, instead of misreading posts and making stupid comments.

The density is a function of the machine that makes the product, not the mould.

If your consignment remains permanently invisible I would not be losing any sleep over that.

Finally I don't really want to see a sample until they are real and possibly no, even then.

Has anyone seen WPF setup? I have been trying to increase my numbers over three years and have managed to get to around about 80 hives I know how much that costs and how much time this takes (I'm nearly devorced)

bee crazy;120914 said:
Has anyone seen WPF setup? I have been trying to increase my numbers over three years and have managed to get to around about 80 hives I know how much that costs and how much time this takes (I'm nearly devorced)

I think you might be able to buy his set up cheap soon if this is the way he runs a business i can not see much hope for it
Would you buy a second hand car from that man?

theengraver;120931 said:
I think you might be able to buy his set up cheap soon if this is the way he runs a business i can not see much hope for it
Would you buy a second hand car from that man?

LOL I'm just worried about people who have ordered bees i hope they get them. :lurk5:

Collection in December 2014

might place my order now to make sure i get some LOL

Are they still advertising ?

Using a tiny start up fee, in 15 weeks William has created the largest commercial bee farm in the district selling his stock to bee-keepers across the land.

“It's been a roaring success really,” he said. “I started off on £400 which was all the money I had in the world when the printing company closed. We've expanded from that and we have sold about £4,000 worth of bees.
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/efnews/8297691.EPPING__Born_again_farmer_on_bee_keeping_venture/?ref=rss

I stand corrected about the £300 comment, the figure you will see above was actually £400

We also have teamed up with a number of UK manufacturers and are now producing our own Polystyrene BS National hives, to offer a wide range of very good quality equipment and supplies to the keen beekeeper. So please visit the hives page along with our shop.

UK or China. is this an honest appraisal or misleading?

Later in the season we produce our own queens and as the beekeepers who purchased bees from me in 2010 will, I am sure, agree, we have made some very hardworking yet extremely easy to handle bees.

Did anyone actually purchase (and receive) bees from William in 2010? If not, then this is misleading and like item 2 above, possible grist for the ASA (Advertising Standards Agency) and their new found control over Internet advertising in the UK.

The web site is still up and so he is still advertising.

Hombre;121007 said:

I stand corrected about the £300 comment, the figure you will see above was actually £400

Did anyone actually purchase (and receive) bees from William in 2010? If not, then this is misleading and like item 2 above, possible grist for the ASA (Advertising Standards Agency) and their new found control over Internet advertising in the UK.

The web site is still up and so he is still advertising.

I purchased a nuc in 2010.

Hombre;121007 said:

Just a couple of facts about the product.

The tooling to be made in China and the actual manufacture in the Uk (not an uncommon practice).

It would not be hard for someone to make a copy of WPF design taken from his website.

Latest posts

Back