• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment For Sale Uncapper for National frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you wish to order an uncapper in the next few days I will be unable to get it collected for postage until next Thursday as I sadly have to attend a funeral in Scotland but will deal with it immediately on my return.

Garry Rucklidge

My uncapper arrived a couple of weeks ago following great service from Garry, put it to use yesterday and it works a treat! As already explained, the capping are crushed, less mess, no dripping knife to contend with and the frames subsequently extracted well. Cleaning up is straightforward, trays are swilled in water and the metal sections placed in dishwasher. Job done!

My uncapper arrived a couple of weeks ago following great service from Garry, put it to use yesterday and it works a treat! As already explained, the capping are crushed, less mess, no dripping knife to contend with and the frames subsequently extracted well. Cleaning up is straightforward, trays are swilled in water and the metal sections placed in dishwasher. Job done!
Thanks for that. Still have some in stock.

Several of my Beekeeping friends are seriously impressed with mine, but money I've spent on kit

I am off for a couple of days next week to see son in law over from the US so I can only process a a couple of orders today and tomorrow and then not until next Saturday 13th July. Really busy trying to keep up with bees, uncappers and decorating as well. Patience appreciated.

Now back from "holiday" 24 hours later than planned (medical emergency on plane requiring then turning back to Edinburgh and no flights back to Bristol for 24 hours) so some paperwork for reclaims to be done now - not my emergency thankfully. Anyhow any orders for an uncapper can now be dealt with immediately. Just contact me through conversations if you are interested. Cheers all!!

Just to let you know that after a few enquiries on the forum about Langstroth frames I can now offer an uncapper which is suitable for Langstroth frames. It follows the same mode of action as the National uncapper but due to the extra length it is mounted on the 50L collecting box in a slightly different way (see photos) . Everything is similar but being slightly longer it requires a little more in materials but the labour input is similar, Weight is still in the same cost bracket so postage is the same cost. To allow for the increased materials the price of this uncapper is £150 complete. with carriage. If interested please PM me for details.

Attachments

• IMG_4351.JPG
    IMG_4351.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4350.JPG
    IMG_4350.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
After several requests for a video of the uncapper in action I have got one to show - I forgot to take one last year and the uncapping/extraction was done and dusted until now. Hope this works as the file might be a bit large (and I am no tech genius - (see thread on old age!!!).

Just checked - the video works OK !!

Attachments

• VIDEO_1723560504781569.mov
    9.8 MB
Just tried out my new uncapper. Saved an awful lot of time over my uncapping knife. Over all very pleased with it.
It did not work well with the O rings it came fitted with. I changed them for the smaller ones Garry supplied and it worked well. It was difficult to put a twist in these when fitting, so I did not bother and tension was good. ( Any chance of a set of spares for the smaller ones being sent Garry?)
A bit more wax in the sieve than previous, as the rollers crush the cappings rather than cut them, but that is not a bother.
The tension and crushing were not due to cold comb, as I extracted the same morning I took the boxes off.
Have previously hated extracting but this made it so much easier. The uncapping knife was always the bottleneck in the process.
I have no affiliation with Garry, just a pleased customer

Just tried out my new uncapper. Saved an awful lot of time over my uncapping knife. Over all very pleased with it.
It did not work well with the O rings it came fitted with. I changed them for the smaller ones Garry supplied and it worked well. It was difficult to put a twist in these when fitting, so I did not bother and tension was good. ( Any chance of a set of spares for the smaller ones being sent Garry?)
A bit more wax in the sieve than previous, as the rollers crush the cappings rather than cut them, but that is not a bother.
The tension and crushing were not due to cold comb, as I extracted the same morning I took the boxes off.
Have previously hated extracting but this made it so much easier. The uncapping knife was always the bottleneck in the process.
I agree the twist in the 35mm id rings is a bit tight but what it does is allow the rollers to work in the correct way but if forgetting the twist works OK (I never tried that!) then that's great. I'll send you a few O- rings but you can get them from a company called Simply Bearings. If you want them they are Nitrile 3mm x 35mm id.

A set of 35mm rings will be in the post today and should be with you as slowly as Royal Mail can do it ............

I agree the twist in the 35mm id rings is a bit tight but what it does is allow the rollers to work in the correct way but if forgetting the twist works OK (I never tried that!) then that's great. I'll send you a few O- rings but you can get them from a company called Simply Bearings. If you want them they are Nitrile 3mm x 35mm id.
Which shore hardness?

If anyone orders an uncapper from me after 30th August I will be unable to ship it until Thursday 5th September as I shall be away from home.

If there is anyone out there using Langstroth hives I would like to have a chat with you regarding uncapping of frames. Please contact me through the conversation facility.

Latest posts

Back