Swapping out frames quickly…

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why exluder at all? What is meaning?

If you have 2 boxes and excluder between them, bees have filled one box with brood next box will be filled with honey. Why heck ypu want swapp them?

I had same sotuation couple days ago.

I had brood in 2 langstroth boxes. I added 3th box and I collected all honey frames to the uppermost box. They were 8 frames. One box full of honey.

Next box was full of brood.

The lowest box had ready combs and foundations. The colony is expanding now fast and the bees and the laying queen will occupye the lowest box.

Do not force bees to move honey from place to place. It consumes energy for nothing. Bees collected that 20 kg honey in one week. I moved up the honey, not bees. Most honey was already capped. And at same time the queen occupyed lowest box ja layed a'lot.

Now we have in Finkand cold and frowering gap. I do not know, how ghus hive will react to this situation.
I was suggesting swapping and excluder to stop the queen laying in a mix of deep and shallow frames, so the OP can move them where he wants, reduce to one brood box (which he seems to want), and get rid of empty spaces.

Perhaps best join your friends on Facebook then ... all people here were trying to do was help ... your initial post was confusing, the pictures two weeks old which you failed to mention, the information you provided was questioned by three people ... perhaps best look in the mirror on your way to facebook ...
I stand by exactly what i said. If your initial replies were arsy then I’m sorry you feel unhappy you got it back 👍🏼

But also hasn’t gave him any skill in teaching as opposed to being a pompous grumpy old fart.

I’ve definitely found the group everyone on the Facebook group were referring to last night. 😂

Yes I have a flow but until the super comes into the equation there’s no difference is there?

YEah stundkid

If I tell my analyse about British young beekeepers, you surely will tear your new pants. The guys who get 15 kg honey from hives and they know everything.

When I started 60 years ago, I got on average 40 kg per hive. And our yield season is 2 months.

I was suggesting swapping and excluder to stop the queen laying in a mix of deep and shallow frames, so the OP can move them where he wants, reduce to one brood box (which he seems to want), and get rid of empty spaces.
That’s what I was trying to explain about the excluder from the start. I wasn’t going to be adding a 2nd box until the frames In the first one were sorted.

I recommend 2 brood boxes.

He is a new beekeeper and he wants wrong things.

The queen really wants to lay more and only solution is then swarming = to find a new better home, because it has no more space to lay.

Do he wants a big hive or 2 swarms more.

When the hive grows bigger, propably it swarms.

I stand by exactly what i said. If your initial replies were arsy then I’m sorry you feel unhappy you got it back 👍🏼
Read the thread ... there was nothing in my posts that was either rude or condescending ... you are clearly an overnight expert and don't need advice ... if you continue to be rude to people on here then you won't have any option but to seek help (if ever you need it !) elsewhere .... my blue pencil is being licked as we speak ...

YEah stundkid

If I tell my analyse about British young beekeepers, you surely will tear your new pants. The guys who get 15 kg honey from hives and they know everything.

When I started 60 years ago, I got on average 40 kg per hive. And our yield season is 2 months.
Ok good for you buddy

I recommend 2 brood boxes.

He is a new beekeeper and he wants wrong things.

The queen really wants to lay more and only solution is then swarming = to find a new better home, because it has no more space to lay.

Do he wants a big hive or 2 swarms more.

When the hive grows bigger, propably it swarms.
Yes I know. I just think you totally missed the fact that I’m not adding a second box until the frames are sorted in the first one

It’s a well discussed thing about this site
so you were just trolling?
which I could have had initially from some of you other guys.
and you would have if you had bothered to give all the relevant information instead of having us coax it out of you.
To be honest, I still struggle to understand what on earth you were trying to achieve by mixing flow frames in with the brood

Yes I know. I just think you totally missed the fact that I’m not adding a second box until the frames are sorted in the first one
What kind if sorting. Wrong size box or what? I do not need solve your all problems

Latest posts

Back