• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment For Sale Uncapper for National frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone wishes to place an order for my uncapper please note that I will be away from 2nd June until 7th June so orders will not be dispatched during that time. I will be keeping in touch if you want to contact me via "conversations" section on the forum but orders placed during that time will be dispatched on my return.

I am able to reduce the price of the uncapper to £140 complete including carriage as the price I ask on ebay (£160) has to include ebay commission which does not apply on the forum. I hope this helps you guys out. To be clear I have offered this discount to any I have sold here so I have not benefited. If you wish to source an uncapping box without the under box then the roller box set is £105 including carriage but please be clear that the Really Useful Box company 50 and 64Litre box is the one which the roller set is designed for and I have sourced these at as low a cost as I can by semi bulk buy. Hope this makes sense. Get in touch through conversations if you need to contact me for more information.
you say designed for use in a 50 and 64 Litre box I assume you mean it would fit both?

you say designed for use in a 50 and 64 Litre box I assume you mean it would fit both?
The only difference between the two box volumes is the depth. The 50L box will allow uncapping of 14 x 5", 14 x 8" and 14 x 12" frames but only allows storage of 14 x 5" pre-extraction,,due to the depth. The 64 L has more clearance due to depth and all National frame formats can be stored after uncappping. I do not supply the 64L box but you can order it to your own address and I can supply the uncapper without the box which you would have mount for yourself - very simple just two 6mm holes to drill in the box - the stainless mounting bolts are supplied. Start a conversation with me for details of this

The only difference between the two box volumes is the depth. The 50L box will allow uncapping of 14 x 5", 14 x 8" and 14 x 12" frames but only allows storage of 14 x 5" pre-extraction,,due to the depth. The 64 L has more clearance due to depth and all National frame formats can be stored after uncappping. I do not supply the 64L box but you can order it to your own address and I can supply the uncapper without the box which you would have mount for yourself - very simple just two 6mm holes to drill in the box - the stainless mounting bolts are supplied. Start a conversation with me for details of this
Thanks for the explanation I do have both sizes of the really useful boxes already. I wait until the uncapper arrives before I contact you again I have noted your away dates

Thanks for the explanation I do have both sizes of the really useful boxes already. I wait until the uncapper arrives before I contact you again I have noted your away dates
Although a bit more expensive than the usual storage boxes Really Useful Box Company are sturdy by comparison and do not seem to go brittle. The uncapper was designed around the box, I look forward to hearing from you when you are ready.

Although a bit more expensive than the usual storage boxes Really Useful Box Company are sturdy by comparison and do not seem to go brittle. The uncapper was designed around the box, I look forward to hearing from you when you are ready.
we have several families of field mice in the reserve and really useful boxes are the only type that they can not get into and do last for years

Excellent service I ordered last night in the post to me this morning 👏

They look good. Do they do langstroth frames?

Very sorry but not Langsroth due to the extra length. All the National top bar and Smith formats are compatible. It would take a whole new design and although Langstroth is a great design sadly it's a minor player in the UK

Very sorry but not Langsroth due to the extra length. All the National top bar and Smith formats are compatible. It would take a whole new design and although Langstroth is a great design sadly it's a minor player in the UK
How do they preform with the self spacing frames

I have just reeived another order for an uncapper but for anyone else who was thinking of getting one I have to apologise as that's the last one I had in stock and am away fishing in Orkney next week. If you can hold on until 11th June I will have the chance to make a few and get going again. My wife has threatened to tidy up the garage when I am away so likely won't be able to find anything when I return. Jam jars for screws (with labels) were mentioned - not impressed!! Anyhowt thanks for your patience and those who have purchased I hope you are pleased. Will post when I get back.

Last edited:
Now back from a very chilly and particularly windy Orkney where the trout fishing was, as usual, fantastic (152 keepable sized fish all returned between 10 of us in 2 days fishing) despite the conditions. However am now back and trying to build more uncappers and restock over the next week or so. If you would like to order feel free and I will supply on a first come, first served basis as soon as possible. Still £130 including the bottom box and postage.

I can't recall every writing a review of any item I purchased before, but have to for the Super Uncapper. I was impressed when I received the parcel & with the packing, it looks impressive I'm dying to use it. There was a bit of bother with the delivery company and Gary was unbelievably helpful, replying within a minute or 2, and finally getting everything sorted out. Top marks for Customer Service and 10🌟

Thanks for that! Just hate it if things go awry but it got sorted and glad you are happy with it. Think the problem is the bees not giving us the opportunity to extract anything. Roll on the rest of the summer and give us all the chance..

Busy few days (including an electricity ring main problem) but have now made a few more of the uncappers so back in stock if anyone wants one. Lets hope the weather picks up to get it used!

After the courier delivered this to the wrong address, the uncapper arrived today. Garry was helpful and reassuring sorting things out. Well packed. Looks a good bit of kit. Hopefully I will have some frames to uncap come end of summer and let you know how it does. Can't believe the price compared with other outlets.

Latest posts

Back