Supply of queens?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrisbee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Thread: Where can I find a good supplier of a couple of queens? I want to requeen my hives before winter.

depends on the type of queen you would like.

there are few good queen breeders on here, norton, bees4u, hivemaker, polyhive (not sure if he sells though), it just really depends on what type of bee you want and if u want to buy british or imported.

Just click on the link at the top of the page Beekeeping Directory

anyone used "the-beeman" ?
i need super calm bees got a NUC and a SWARM i want to re-queen asap
any suggestions for the calmest bees going!!!!:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

I have used the Beeman: very quiet gentle queens and productive.

good info thanks..... do they come marked? ideally in extra large luminous dots so i can spot them easily!!!!

good info thanks..... do they come marked? ideally in extra large luminous dots so i can spot them easily!!!!

Beckys Bees do! :cool:

depends on the type of queen you would like.

there are few good queen breeders on here, norton, bees4u, hivemaker, polyhive (not sure if he sells though), it just really depends on what type of bee you want and if u want to buy british or imported.
HI, I've just been told not to send private messages to people asking for queens by admin, I thought private was private, but apparently not, admin said I was breaking the advertising rules, which I think is wrong, if people want something and you have it where's the harm in letting them know privately that you have some!!

HI, I've just been told not to send private messages to people asking for queens by admin, I thought private was private, but apparently not, admin said I was breaking the advertising rules, which I think is wrong, if people want something and you have it where's the harm in letting them know privately that you have some!!

How can they be 'wrong' they're the forum rules- end of story Shirley?

Private essentially is private...no-one is reading your PMs...it's an extension of the filtering system looking for certain words which indicate the system is possibly being used for the wrong purposes.

So you make it public? thin ice me thinks.

It could be that you announced in your post you had queens available and would pm the op. you should of just sent them a pm but you cant do that now because if some on grasses on you admin will be a bit upset.

Reading the replies in this topic, there are questionable ethical practices, at best.
By definition, private messages are private unless otherwise stated. Unless you make it extremely clear in your site's privacy policy that you may be scanning users' PMs, it is completely unethical to do so and any admin reading users PMs should stand down

This place is going from beekeeping forum to gripe forum...

Have I logged into BBKA forum by mistake.... come on, handbags away... we have a great forum with a super admin- just be grateful and read the rules.

Always get info to people with private email address, via pm, if you are desperate for queens.

With vBulletin there is an hack that allows Admins to read all PM's.

http://goo.gl/5IH7j

And any forum admin that installs such a hack is a lowlife and doesn't deserve the respect or patronage of his membership, I own a busy forum and would NEVER do such a thing, it's not just wrong it's despicable, private messages are just that, private.

Admin, you need to sort out all this commercial advertising fiasco, and be consistent with it, one day several get away with it then another others get pulled up, then to top it all it appears it's ok for members to "recommend" ie, "Bees4u supplies good bees" that's fine but bees4u comes on and says I've got some available and gets floored, I've not been here that long but I seen enough to see that some are getting away with it and "certain" others are not.

Last edited:
It is summer? i just wondered as the forum seems to be like its mid winter at moment.

:willy_nilly:

Latest posts

Back