Now Is The Chance To Have Your Say

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ho hum......I never mentioned ANYWHERE in my posts that the BBKA is "lily-white"....but dont let the facts get in the way.

As I've said I just wish we could all get on...but I think theres more chance of me being prime minister tomorrow :rolleyes:

I speak as I find - when I first went to my local association, I met what I believe were typical of the rank and file membership - nice gentle helpful people, who were open-minded and friendly (coo, thinking of a TBH - can we come and have a look?)....... I got on absolutely fine with the vast majority of them, there was just the odd "2%" that had usurped power, and did their utmost to keep the membership in the dark, and used their "card votes" the way they chose....... That, I gather, is fairly typical, and a crying shame..........
As has already been noted, the leadership claim to be "democratic", somehow finagle the results to support pesticide sponsorship by a substantial majority, and THEN decide to unilaterally change their minds apparently against the wishes of 2/3 of the members when they are exposed to the glare of publicity, largely brought about by actions of those that they brand "eco terrorists" (sic)
I think the only bar to us "all getting on" are a tiny hard core of self-seeking, self-important "suits", who have been "caught" bang to rights.- - the time has come for those who chose to remain members to send the scoundrels packing and institute real transparent democracy......

So the net result of an article idea seeded on here was to plug Biobees?

See if you can get Vince Cable on the BBKA committee then, maybe he'll take Lib Dem Democratic reform principles into the BBKA too.

So the net result of an article idea seeded on here was to plug Biobees?

What is the campaign group they speak of?....and who is the spokesman?

A couple of questions people have voiced above that need answers to them!

Who is this group they talk of?

And Is now Biobees the voice?

PS This thread is running in parrel with the orginal one

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=52862#post52862

It might help to merge or close one down?

I would say that there are a number of groups, all pushing in the same direction. In addition, Biobees has been consistently one of the most elequent voices against product endorsement. So virtually any article on the subject will end up with his name in it.

I'd also suggest that people actually find out a little before leaping to conclusions - had I believed the utter twaddle talked by people the moment I even contemplated a top bar hive as a possibility, "Biobees" would have remained a daemonised hate figure - a Beelzebub incarnate who was hell bent on something dreadful (noone would be specific about what that was, they just spat venom..........).
Several times when posting on internet bee fora I was accused of being this devil, so I took the bull by the horns, and ended up having a long chat on the 'phone with him - a charming, intelligent chap with whom I got on like a house on fire -who is passionate about bees and their future, and doesn't tolerate fools gladly.....
He tends to be the focus of the widespread dislike of the BBKA shenanigans because he's not been frightened to voice his entirely reasonable disquiet, which is echoed by a great many in the beekeeping world, and he runs an excellent website and forum dedicated to natural beekeeping. I count him as a friend, and one of the "good guys" in the bee world..........

Latest posts

Back