Now Is The Chance To Have Your Say

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why do you pay more PH ?

Yes PH they really learned a lesson,so what did they do?

They created a new post for the outgoing president to procure funds from industry without asking members opinions.

I am an individual member. I pay £33 I think it is for effectively nothing.

I must get round to joining a LA but unfortunately neither of them are particularly close by.

Like I said Admin they are institutionally arrogant.

PH

Last edited:
Who cares if the BBKA sold out and is in bed with BAYER, if no one is a member of the BBKA?

Rather than trying to battle with BAYER (and I use the word BAYER as they are the boss not the BBKA), this then bounces back to forgetting about the BBKA and a new organisation starting that is not with the likes of BAYER!

The above would be better use of PR / the press in announcing a new organisation.

Edit to Add

As much as many have poo poo'ed it, you can not fault the PR that Omlet have gained / achieved.

Omlet might be a good option to work with/ get help with in promoting a new organisation???

Last edited:
Who cares if the BBKA sold out and is in bed with BAYER, if no one is a member of the BBKA?

Rather than trying to battle with BAYER (and I use the word BAYER as they are the boss not the BBKA), this then bounces back to forgetting about the BBKA and a new organisation starting that is not with the likes of BAYER!

The above would be better use of PR / the press in announcing a new organisation.

Edit to Add

As much as many have poo poo'ed it, you can not fault the PR that Omlet have gained / achieved.

Omlet might be a good option to work with/ get help with in promoting a new organisation???

If and when a new organisation emerges it will be good PR for it's launch on the back of the present article putting down the BBKA.

what better to have "The BBKA fucked up, and we're gonna do it better"?

To be able to explore that avenue, you need to have this first article to point to as to why a new organisation is being formed.

Yours Roy

I'm all for a new organisation, but it must be genuinely independent, and answerable ONLY to it's members, ANY sponsorship I would regard as a "taint" whether it be pesticide peddlers, or manufacturerers of garish superannuated plastic beer coolers - (or wooden ones come to that).
Using modern techniques (particularly the internet) there is no need to risk independence by taking funding from ANYONE (except the members).......I'm all in favour of a lean, mean, transparently democratic organisation, willing without fear or favour to give short shrift to any "body", business or government that is not doing it's very best for our bees!

"float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" - because they really ARE worth it!

Last edited:
To be able to explore that avenue, you need to have this first article to point to as to why a new organisation is being formed.

Yours Roy

Roy I am 100% behind what you have started, and my post was not in any way negative to you and wish it full success, but I had to point out the "flaws" that others might pick out and twist round in favour of the BBKA.

One step at a time, but sometimes a major leap of faith is needed.

Roy I am 100% behind what you have started, and my post was not in any way negative to you and wish it full success, but I had to point out the "flaws" that others might pick out and twist round in favour of the BBKA.

One step at a time, but sometimes a major leap of faith is needed.
Jim,

No offence taken :cheers2:

I'm glad you brought it up...................I hadn't realised, but if this article is a success, then it will be a good platform to launch a new group.

Yours Roy

Edited out as a self censoring.

PH

Last edited:
Thanks Ginger nut,
By now the dark side will have got wind of this and no doubt will set their ball rolling, Good luck with the article.
Regards;

Thanks Ginger nut,
By now the dark side will have got wind of this and no doubt will set their ball rolling, Good luck with the article.
Regards;

Yeh, we know they are watching, well they would be silly if they're not.

But they wont know what is in the article as that has all been done away from the public forum.

Yours Roy

I am an individual member. I pay £33 I think it is for effectively nothing.
I must get round to joining a LA but unfortunately neither of them are particularly close by.
PH
Just a thought - you don't attend the BBKA, frequently or ever, so if you signed up with a local association and attended almost as frequently, you might even be paying slightly less and actually have more BBKA representation than at plresent, if it was BBKA affiliated. In either event, your selected association might be physically nearer than the BBKA as an individual member.
The other question is of course whether the local associations are related, in which case joining one gives you visiting rights at the other. :coolgleamA:

Yeh, we know they are watching, well they would be silly if they're not.

But they wont know what is in the article as that has all been done away from the public forum.

Yours Roy

I wish you the best of British Luck :bigear:.

We've waited a long time for a one hive wonder to save the honey bee !!:dupe:

VIC

That's right Hombre.

My argument with the BBKA is that as I chose to pay them more thinking in my innocence I was helping them, that it was and is undemocratic that a person paying top dollar has less representation than some one paying less.

I mentioned piper and tunes and it did not go down well.

I can assure you though that I will not be making that mistake again.

PH

The Words "Damp and Squib" spring to mind! :Angel_anim:

John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back