Now Is The Chance To Have Your Say

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh ye of little faith.......... having experienced working with the press, periodicals tend to work on the "mushroom principle" - keep you in the dark, and occasionally chuck a bucket of sh*t over you....... an article or photo gets submitted, long after you've forgotten about it, they print it, often cut to bits, and then make manãna look like indecent haste when it comes to paying.........
give it time!:)

Have Your Say - In the papers today

Hi All,

Taken from this thread http://tinyurl.com/36l4y58

I have had the following email from James

Yours Roy

[FONT=&quot]Morning Roy,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Just to let you know the bees’ story is in the Telegraph this morning on page 11. Also online:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wi...ponsorship-deal-over-collapse-in-numbers.html[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bizarrely the Times have also done it but turned it around in favour of the BBKA….[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article7116321.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=797084[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Regards, James[/FONT]

Hi All,

I have had the following email from James

Yours Roy

[FONT=&quot]Morning Roy,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Just to let you know the bees’ story is in the Telegraph this morning on page 11. Also online:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...n-numbers.html[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bizarrely the Times have also done it but turned it around in favour of the BBKA….[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...SS&attr=797084[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards, James[/FONT]

Well done looks good it has started a few ripples it will be good to see how far they get

Which just goes to show the inherent arrogance of the BBKA.

I do not fully agree with the article though, as I expected there is a serious slant there that is at best "Not Proven" and at worst down right wrong.
PH

Which just goes to show the inherent arrogance of the BBKA.

I do not fully agree with the article though, as I expected there is a serious slant there that is at best "Not Proven" and at worst down right wrong.
PH

B. Mobus

Interesting also that after 2 delegate meeting votes that turned out (surprise surprise) in favour of keeping the sponsorship the committee now seem to be turning against their own "majority":banghead:

I agree MJ...seems very un- democratic the committee going completely against the wishes of the majority of the members.

Interesting also that after 2 delegate meeting votes that turned out (surprise surprise) in favour of keeping the sponsorship the committee now seem to be turning against their own "majority":banghead:

I think it's more to do with the products dying a natural death...and thus no more money coming in.

But until there is a clear recognition that the policy is wrong and is abruptly stopped there should be continued outcry.

Well done Gingernut for organising this...

A truly democratic association - Mr Mugabe would be so proud..........:biggrinjester:

What is the campaign group they speak of?....and who is the spokesman?

As PH has said...a lot of untruths and speculation at best with a lot of that article.

All I see is the potential for even more division among beekeepers. If people really want to make a difference why dont they become delegates?

The way I look at it is, we are all going to face enough challenges in the future, cant we just try and get on with each other?

Wether we love them or loathe them, the publicity on the plight of the honeybees over the last few years has been driven by the BBKA and the recent executive committee are the ones responsible for a lot of the massive infux of new beekeepers, into what could have been a dying craft.

Yes the BBKA could be a LOT more evenly democratic, yes they have made a huge mistake with this bayer mullarky, but on the whole I actually believe they have done the craft a lot of good.

Lets try to talk to each other like we would do face to face, not anonymous unfeeling entities.

OK time to put my tin hat on and retire to my bunker.

regards all

Roy

I dont agree with you Roy the BBKA are not responsible for the massive influx of new beekeepers most people having read of the plight of the honey bee and wanting a more sustainable way of life are flocking to beekeeping it just so happens that the BBKA are the figurehead for beekeeping in this country.

I wonder what "Victor Mildrew" think of this article?

Busy Bee

Yes most people have READ about the plight of the honeybee, but a lot of the reading material has been instigated by the BBKA press office ringing various publications, I know I've been contacted by local and national press regarding urban beekeeping on allotments after having my details forwarded to them by the BBKA, TV coverage has also been higher with upcoming coverage of beekeeping around the country on Springwatch in the near future, again due to the BBKA, this has been just a small amount of what they've done.

I've got my opinions others have theirs, simple! I just wish people could get on better thats all.

Mr Chamberlain had that attitude too!

chamberlain2.jpg

you cannot appease pure evil.......... what they did was not "a bit naughty", it was utterly unforgivable - they rode roughshod over the great mass of good people in the association, and did back-door deals with the forces of darkness - they've been caught out, smoking guns in hand, and are rapidly trying to backpedal.........:biggrinjester:

It has also been brought to my attention that I have been grossly libelled on a certain "closed forum", - I am deeply flattered, and most gratified that I may have played the teensiest part in the downfall of the ungodly.........:biggrinjester:

doesnt it have to be untrue to be libellous???:biggrinjester:

As for the rest of the above post......now I know....you must be drinking the stuff that Bayer produces, so you're speaking from experience about it eh? :biggrinjester:

I really am at a loss to understand the point you're attempting to make - an utter travesty has at long last been exposed in a couple of national newspapers, and you're bleating that it's all nonsense, that the BBKA is lily-white, has never done anything untoward, and that the people responsible should be put forward for sainthood...........:biggrinjester:

Nothing would make me happier than to play a part in a truly democratic and totally independent national association - until one is formed, or there is a root and branch disinfection and reformation on truly democratic lines of the present one, it'll be doing without me, and a great many other beekeepers of principle.......

Sadly, a great deal more has been done by the likes of the Co-op than the Association that should have been taking real action, but were so busy doing the bidding of their paymasters they deemed it unimportant..........

Latest posts

Back