lidl mitre saw

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about that but the multi tool is very handy.

Doesn't move so will only cut pieces the size of the blade but for £50 can't go wrong!
Might be worth checking out screwfix or other online suppliers
E

It wouldn't be a mitre saw if it didn't move

It wouldn't be a mitre saw if it didn't move

No it would be a sliding mitre saw. Splitting hairs, but some may no t know or realise! Just trying to be helpful.....ish
E

No offence was meant as some don't know the difference(between the saws I mean)

LOL guys I knew what was ment when enrico said it didn't move. He was saying about it moving back and forward aswell as being able to cut at angles. And actually it was a good point as it has made me think again and wait until they do one that does that as I would cut deeper planks than 10/15cm.

Redwood, the saw at DIY.com may be good but after buying a toilet from the said B&Q and not being able to buy spares for it when it went wrong, I would never buy anything from them ever again which also means I have issues with screwfix now as they are now owned by the same company. :mad::smash::toetap05:

Bought one of these as a spare chop saw about 8 years ago (I think it was £50 then in Lidls so no inflation!) used it for second fixing an extention and then second fixing a house I built. Obvious not as good as my dewalt sliding mitre but light enough to cart about and a fraction of the price. Still going. Upside is that they also sell a 3 pack of tct blades to fit at £10. Won't cut really big timber but fine for light work. Parkside stuff usually comes with 3 year warranty so hard to go wrong at £50 IMHO

It rather depends on the anticipated use for which it is purchased.

It will chop lengths of timber for National (or Commercial) shallows and not a great deal else for your beekeeping unless you intend jointing boards. It would do for frame parts also.

That said, for other uses within it's capability it is likely good value for the occasional DIYer.

I have some cheap tools, including Parkside, which keep going. Far better than Black and Decker used to be! At the same time, if you want that extra qualities of a tool which is capable of precision, heavy use over a long period and big enough for most jobs you have to accept a considerably higher initial investment.

RAB

Always good to have have people reply with experience of the tool. Unfortunately I don't but just to add if you only want to cut planks square as in say brood box width it's a bit more fiddly but you can flip the board over and cut from both sides.

you can flip the board over and cut from both sides.

OK, close enough for some, but both you and I know that we should always work from a chosen face and edge to achieve a regular and reproducible product.

RAB

Perhaps rab but only if the timber only has a planed face and edge and the other two sawn otherwise it will be no problem

bought one ages ago.
good saw but limited by it's cut width.

I have a similar saw (probably the same maker but unbranded) .. relegated to log chopping as I could not get it to continously cut accurately ... still don't know whether it's the frame that twists, the settings that move or just general alignment problems. I bought a second hand (£60) Dewalt Radial Arm Saw ... old - at least 20 years - built like a proverbial brick outhouse. Set it up and it will cut the same angle all day every day for weeks without budging. Wouldn't be without it ... old technology but it does what it should and does it well.

its always hard to know with cheap tools, some will last years with no problems and others will give trouble from first use which is a pain dealing with the likes of lidl/aldi who will only have the tool in stock for a week or 2

We find that Lidl are very good at taking back products for a full refund a few weeks after purchase.

Some of their products are c**p and you don't know until you try them out, but we've never had a query about a refund, so we still suck it and see.

We find that Lidl are very good at taking back products for a full refund a few weeks after purchase.

Some of their products are c**p and you don't know until you try them out, but we've never had a query about a refund, so we still suck it and see.

:iagree:
Any time I've wanted to return something to either Lidl or Aldi, I've had absolutely no trouble at all. Just keep the receipt!

Mostly (but not always) their products are pretty good.

Back