Lidl 4 May £80 sliding mitre saw ...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cnt find the cross cut lenth anywere?

I know less than you do!

From the photo, it looks to be comparable to the blade diameter ...

There might be more info on the box, or you might have to open up a box to see.

One thing about Lidl, they have been in my experience excellent about no fuss refund on swift return. Just be sure to keep the receipt ... :)

And on Thursday the 7th May ... Aldi have a similar looking thing at an identical price!

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thur-7-may/product-detail/ps/p/product-page-37/

Except Aldi's offering has an 1800w motor compared to 1500w from Lidl ... not a lot of difference but you would notice it when using near maximum capacity .. As the owner of a bandsaw, a table saw, a RAS and a scroll saw I need another electric saw like I need a hole in the head ... but, I'm trying to convince myself that I don't really NEED it ....

Surely one thread is enough ... especially as it compares Lidl's one with Aldi's version.

cnt find the cross cut lenth anywere?

Not looked hard enough? The lidl u-toob says 205mm.

Not the same model, perhaps. Quoted as 1700W

Both seem to have sliders for longer cut than blade but still not on any website??

Looked at it earlier in lidls and it was 310 or 320mm slide.can't remember the exact length but it was one of those two.good value but I already have a sliding mitre saw.

IIRC what it said on the outside of the box, I think it was 340mm, reducing to 240 at 45°. (I have no idea why!)

Its not something I could possibly justify as a non-carpenter.
I even resisted the strong temptation to get a plain mains circular saw - those were on reduction from £29 to £19, and my nearest branch had 4 this afternoon.

Latest posts

Back