License needed to purchase Oxalic acid?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, as it's a Home office regulation it will be easier to hand it in to your local Home Office Immigration Enforcement office - it's near the DVLA not far from the crematorium so convenient for incineration.
I'm there every Friday :D

A good sideline then! We turn up on Friday to increase your supply. Maybe you will be putting on your rubber gloves to check suspect beekeepers with Oxalic acid packages inside their bodies :D

Also will there be an amnesty to hand Oxalic acid into police stations, like the knife amnesty?

Don't bet on it. They'll take a load of money off you first and then throw you in the clink - in Syria or Afghanistan maybe!!!

Apparently the reason for this new regulation is that there is good intelligence on the imminent onslaught of attacks by jihadist beekeepers

That will be followers of Natural Beekeeping who will brook no suggestion they might be wrong:)

No, as it's a Home office regulation it will be easier to hand it in to your local Home Office Immigration Enforcement office - it's near the DVLA not far from the crematorium so convenient for incineration.
I'm there every Friday :D

Reporting as part of your curfew?

That will be followers of Natural Beekeeping who will brook no suggestion they might be wrong:)

Yes - I've just had an email through on my portable device that they are also adding magic fairy dust (AKA icing sugar) to the precursor list.

I only started this thread to make you aware of the new legislation. Getting silly and out of hand now don't you think (led by the usual suspects)

I only started this thread to make you aware of the new legislation. Getting silly and out of hand now don't you think (led by the usual suspects)

Another Tory U turn on the horizon... I will be up there in parliament square with me Varrox smoking away protesting with the rest of you against the blind and pointless government disruption of our beloved beekeepering!
:winner1st:

Mytten da

Oxalic acid has been always against law in Britain. Never mind. It has been written about it surely the amount of Bible. And it does not help.

In theory lots of beekeepers have died and tons of queens. Prisons are already full of beekeepers. To keep them there cots as much as their vacation in 5 star hotell.

! But the less folk, the better the party.

Last edited:
Another Tory U turn on the horizon... I will be up there in parliament square with me Varrox smoking away protesting with the rest of you against the blind and pointless government disruption of our beloved beekeepering!
:winner1st:

Mytten da

yes - they'll be trying to ban hunting next !!

yes - they'll be trying to ban hunting next !!

Open season all year for the few hunting the Blue six pack brigade in ancient Kernow.
My MP tells me she is involved with important constitutional issues and hardly has time to listen to any debates.... now one would think that the debating could be broadcast over the Tannoy system into the bar!:welcome:

Littlest one has just asked "Do bees snore?"

Yeghes da

Get the association to buy the license - job done.

Domino : It is illegal for a licence holder to pass poisons and restricted substances on to a third party. Also there are tight regulations on the disposal of such substances. All these regulations are to protect the public at large. I think I know why oxalic acid is on the list as it becomes explosive when mixed with certain oxidising agents and also with certain silver compounds (you would have to be a rich terrorist to use silver compounds)

Latest posts

Back