License needed to purchase Oxalic acid?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
what's your good reason going to be?

As a cleaning agent for my rusty frames, as the Caustic Soda ( NaOH) I usually use dose not do the job in hand??

However as a business no need to apply for any licence

All a load of HOGWASH !

what's your good reason going to be?

As a cleaning agent for my rusty frames, as the Caustic Soda ( NaOH) I usually use dose not do the job in hand??

Good argument - but in my opinion that wouldn't pass muster.

Just taken delivery of 5kg of the stuff but then ive got a large amount of mouldy skirting board that needs cleaning (£1.50 per 2m length :) )

I think I just have enough until I retire and hopefully by then terrorism will be a thing of the passed

At a meeting yesterday where the seasonal bee inspector was present, and when asked about the licence needed to purchase or own Oxalic acid he said he knew nothing at all about it and it was a new one on him!!

At a meeting yesterday where the seasonal bee inspector was present, and when asked about the licence needed to purchase or own Oxalic acid he said he knew nothing at all about it and it was a new one on him!!

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Do you know what, Val
That doesn't surprise me.

I forgot to say that none of the other beekeepers in the room knew about it either!

This is going forward.

OA has been 10 years illegal in this forum, and now it has been considered, that licence may be in future.

finman is spot on
Perhaps the rule exists only on this forum?

Just the usual bunch who revel in telling people what they can't do rather than tell people what they can. Still available with all the big bee suppliers. Not that I shall be buying any................................................... more

Latest posts

Back