LASI oxalic acid sublimation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are other items in their assorted literature that give the impression that LASI has "discovered"
However perhaps they will encourage more folk to vape and we might see an end to trickling (maybe Finman is busy wrapping Chrissie presents and won't notice I posted that :D )

I'm not a very experienced beekeeper but I thought the following were wrong in the video:
  1. opening up in the middle of winter and inspecting every frame for brood. Massive cooling of the hive frames, comb, bees etc.
  2. putting the OA - sorry Api-Bioxal - into a hot pan and testing the pan is hot by dropping OA crystals on it - unnecessary exposure of operative to OA fumes
  3. Taking out the Varrox while still switched on - again possible exposure of operative to OA fumes,
  4. No mention of of the advantages of doing two vapes 5 days apart - none of that removal of brood nonsense.

Now I know the guy was wearing all the appropriate gear but why expose himself unnecessarily to OA fumes?

To be fair, they got some of it right!

CVB

I'm not a very experienced beekeeper but I thought the following were wrong in the video:
  1. opening up in the middle of winter and inspecting every frame for brood. Massive cooling of the hive frames, comb, bees etc.
  2. putting the OA - sorry Api-Bioxal - into a hot pan and testing the pan is hot by dropping OA crystals on it - unnecessary exposure of operative to OA fumes
  3. Taking out the Varrox while still switched on - again possible exposure of operative to OA fumes,
  4. No mention of of the advantages of doing two vapes 5 days apart - none of that removal of brood nonsense.

Now I know the guy was wearing all the appropriate gear but why expose himself unnecessarily to OA fumes?

To be fair, they got some of it right!

CVB
Yes, and that would be ignore any of it.

There are other items in their assorted literature that give the impression that LASI has "discovered"
However perhaps they will encourage more folk to vape and we might see an end to trickling (maybe Finman is busy wrapping Chrissie presents and won't notice I posted that :D )

You may vape as much as you want. Your varroa situation is very bad compared to other European countries. What ever you do, it is always positive thing.

My advice: Kill first, count then.
Lasi says: Count first and avoid unnecessary killing.

Lasi used in its research such trickling recipes that no onr has used before.

Coloss had made several years ago "varroa researching standards", but seemengli Lasi has never heard about those.

But I wonder how you can twist every week some oxalic acid joke?.

And vaping every day....

Last edited:
You may vape as much as you want. Your varroa situation is very bad compared to other European countries. What ever you do, it is always positive thing.

My advice: Kill first, count then.
Lasi says: Count first and avoid unnecessary killing.

Lasi used in its research such trickling recipes that no onr has used before.

Coloss had made several years ago "varroa researching standards", but seemengli Lasi has never heard about those.

But I wonder how you can twist every week some oxalic acid joke?.

And vaping every day....

I really wish i could understand what you say, you know your onions obviously but the way you type confuses me.

Lasi has brought nothing to varroa treatment frontier. All have been known in Europe 15-30 years.
Like that "mite counting".

But it seems that British beekeeping has more lawyers than researchers, and they try to prevent mite killing.

Last edited:

But it seems that British beekeeping has more lawyers than researchers, and they try to prevent mite killing.

They must be the same lawyers that are persecuting serving and ex-serving members of the Armed Forces.

Lasi has brought nothing to varroa treatment frontier.

:iagree:

I have yet to see any original work from LASI. All they seem capable of doing is repeating work performed by other researchers without specifying the pedigree of the stock they are using. This is of dubious value and, coming from our only professor of apiculture, is rather embarrassing.

This is of dubious value and, coming from our only professor of apiculture, is rather embarrassing.

I wonder why he spends his energy to old ,well known things. I have thought that it has something to do the pupil works .

The gang around COLOSS has very different things to inform.

doing is repeating work performed by other researchers without specifying the pedigree of the stock they are using. This is of dubious value and, coming from our only professor of apiculture, is rather embarrassing.

That is odd to me too.

Queen breeders in USA for example explain carefully the origin of bee strains and the lines what what they are maintaining.

Then Russian bee Project started 20 y ago , adequate number of the lines were first what they founded.

Latest posts

Back