Easy to peel off labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there was me thinking you were trying to stick them on jars :p

I've just received my samples and tested them on my inkjet printer -

Roy, before you get too committed, check the cost per label including ink. Most inkjets have a horrible cost associated with them. Ideal for very small runs, but for larger quantities could possibly be expensive compared to have some custom labels made for you. All depends on the quantities and where the breakpoint is.

:cheers2:

Roy, before you get too committed, check the cost per label including ink. Most inkjets have a horrible cost associated with them. Ideal for very small runs, but for larger quantities could possibly be expensive compared to have some custom labels made for you. All depends on the quantities and where the breakpoint is.

:cheers2:

Not when you know the right place to buy your ink..........I pay £3 per colour...........ok, I've got 5 colours, but it's still cheap enough.

I want to use different labels for different outlets, so large orders are no good to me, I would rather print as I go along.

Yours Roy

Inkjet printing is not waterproof in my experience. This may not seem a handicap but if people handle the jars there will be a tendancy for the ink to smudge and if you ever put the jars in display in a tent, say at a county show and it rains the humidity in the air will make this effect more pronounced. Inkjet will be fine for make labels for your own use but if people are going to pay for them or for the honey they will expect something that lasts. I think laser printing is more permanent.

:iagree:

All our label printing is done with resin or wax ribbons with labels on rolls using Eltron, Zebra printers etc. personally, I would create a design and have them professionally printed excluding any text and then overprint with the text as required. Labels on rolls mean that you can specify the number required and not on a per sheet basis.

I have been working on labelling machines all day, god I hate them......:ack2:

I've just received my samples and tested them on my inkjet printer -

High Gloss - don't work - ink runs

Semi Gloss - didn't arrive - phoned them and they are re-sending

Matt - excellent quality printing of an photo - I will be happy with this quality of labels :)

Yours Roy

will the ink not run why damp or wet? you cant have this really on a product that you are selling.

just seen comment above, and that is my point too, damp, sticky finger will not go down well on ink that is not fixed - i think....maybe laser printers are the only way to do this?

Last edited:
any feedback on your results?

Sorry forgot I have left a label on a jam jar for a few weeks now and it peeled off with no fuss at all. The label hadn't budged or the edges lifted, it only came off when I wanted it to. Think I will give these a go. :cheers2:

Sorry forgot I have left a label on a jam jar for a few weeks now and it peeled off with no fuss at all. The label hadn't budged or the edges lifted, it only came off when I wanted it to. Think I will give these a go. :cheers2:

What printer are you going to use?

JD

Hi Veg,
What label printing software do you use. I've tried MS Word in the past but found it very frustrating. :(

Get your cameras out and show us your label designs!!!

I can edit out your Name/address if you dont want to show it.

Latest posts

Back