DNA research on Irish AMM.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Factually, I have neighbours who keep the bees they choose.

There's quite a provocative assumption in your phrasing, and I wonder why ?

I'm not a fascist.

I worded the question in as non-confrontational a way that I could to see how you would react to others in Ireland keeping other bees.
Are you saying that your neighbours keep other races of bees or that they choose to keep Amm?

And Ireland has nothing to do with these. Why Irish Blackbee is same as European Black Bee.

Airplanes have been invented a while ago.

Post. Edit. Post. Delete. Post. Edit. Post. Edit...

Make up your mind what you want to say, BEFORE you hit the 'post' button.

I worded the question in as non-confrontational a way that I could to see how you would react to others in Ireland keeping other bees.
Are you saying that your neighbours keep other races of bees or that they choose to keep Amm?

My neighbour keeps another race of bees.

My neighbour keeps another race of bees.

Thats fine then. If people respect each others rights, there shouldn't be any problem. I was just having difficulty with your comments about villages, borders, etc being irrelevant.
In truth, bees don't respect artificial boundaries and it isn't possible to maintain purity in an uncontrolled environment. That is why I have said (several times) that I use control mated Amc. The only way to control purity is to take ownership of the problem and take control of the mating process yourself (i.e. II)

Thats fine then. If people respect each others rights, there shouldn't be any problem. I was just having difficulty with your comments about villages, borders, etc being irrelevant.

?

Clearly, I was addressing Finman's dismissal of pockets of pure populations of amm, on the grounds that they are 'the same bug'.

Not whether or not my bees somehow recognise the hedgerow beyond which lies the next parish.

I can see the colouring in my bees, and I know where it is coming from.

B+,
Why do you assume that posters need to screw their cap and explain to you before they post on an open forum? Your paranoia is becoming absurd.

B+,
Why do you assume that posters need to screw their cap and explain to you before they post on an open forum? Your paranoia is becoming absurd.

Have you ever posted anything useful or constructive on any forum, irrespective of whether it was an open or closed forum? I doubt it. But do give it a try, you may well be surprised at the result! ;)

B+,

It would be quite interesting to hear your views on this recent paper. Or hear your views on neighbors keeping different bees...or just to hear your view point in a reasoned discussion say on Amm's
Constant criticism of others postings is just a form of trolling.

Have you ever posted anything useful or constructive on any forum, irrespective of whether it was an open or closed forum? I doubt it. But do give it a try, you may well be surprised at the result! ;)

Have you Tom? I suspect you only started this post to fan the flames and get the usual suspects on your trolling tag team to join in.

Have you Tom? I suspect you only started this post to fan the flames and get the usual suspects on your trolling tag team to join in.

Perish the thought !

What about this for an informed view on this very subject, five short days ago...

...I regret I may have misled you by saying the above research would be published on the 24th. It now appears that they, the researchers will be only talking about the research then, not publishing it!

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=626792&postcount=163

or how about...

The story is that nobody can be found who will publish it.

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=626822&postcount=168

What can you do with that mentality ? Hopeless !

The news that the results of the DNA research had been published were passed on/posted here. I have yet to read the article and I do not have multiple accounts here despite what some of those living in Wales seem to think.
P.S. I think the Welsh are lovely people:rolleyes:

In truth, bees don't respect artificial boundaries and it isn't possible to maintain purity in an uncontrolled environment. That is why I have said (several times) that I use control mated Amc. The only way to control purity is to take ownership of the problem and take control of the mating process yourself (i.e. II)

The approach now will most definitely be to look for a ban on imports and keeping of other strains of bees to preserve the purity. But as well as the 100 queens imported annually, there is a few thousand hives at least of mongrel bees which have been totally ignored.
It does show up that it's mainly an anti import/alternative breed piece...

I can see the colouring in my bees, and I know where it is coming from.

This suggests you are less than happy with them exercising their right to choose. Yes?

B+,

Don't be daft. I simply asked a question. If he doesn't take offence, why should you?

Latest posts

Back