What exactly is the law about stolen bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not have much faith in the new police commissioners, either. Ours sent out a leaflet. It listed his priorities, which were everything he was expected to do. So he had no priorities.

It's like that phrase 'if everyone is special, then no-one is.'

What do they actually do?

its nothing, nowt, zilch and B******R all

the cops are useless lazy scum how are bigger criminals than the rouges and the clown prosecution service are even more pathetic than the plods.

you can steel any thing and do as much damage doing it and you will not be charged or triad for it

I do not have much faith in the new police commissioners, either. Ours sent out a leaflet. It listed his priorities, which were everything he was expected to do. So he had no priorities.

It's like that phrase 'if everyone is special, then no-one is.'

What do they actually do?

he also has created himself a bevvy of staff (admin, press officers, statisticians etc.) really useful in the fight against crime - but that's what comes of leaving a Tory loose in the biggest force areas in Wales

Prey on motorists and any other easy targets that make a lot of money.

Ours was caught speeding by one of the cameras in Grimsby :(
The mobile camera vans are real parasites on the motorists. They call them safety partnership vans but they are usually to be found skulking in spots where the best pickings are but no safety issues recorded. Total a*******s on overtime!
:calmdown:

The mobile camera vans are real parasites on the motorists. They call them safety partnership vans but they are usually to be found skulking in spots where the best pickings are but no safety issues recorded.
:iagree:
A few years ago our force targeted a spot on the A48 in a layby half way down a long hill stretch so you wouldn't see the van until it was almost too late, but just to make sure, they would first park a horse box in the layby so the van could be tucked behind it. The most notorious incident in this whole affair was, during the International Welsh rally the cars and followers had to use this road in the hours of darkness from one venue to the next. The van was sneaked into place in the early hours of the morning beforehand. A lot of the rally drivers were eventually sent speding tickets to their homes all over Europe! It caused such a stink that the Welsh rally was in danger of being boycotted the next year and could have been cancelled - costing the UK millions in lost revenue - all for a handful of speeding tickets - but then again - someone's got to fund the Police Commissioners entourage of sycophants and hangers on.

Last edited:
There was defiantly a lack of them leading up to last Christmas, explains why drink driving figures are down, or was it the nasty videos

the whole cctv evidence is simple

if the police want it or want to use it they will have it and love you for it

if in any way they have to get off there backsides and work and or do something for once then no its not usable

in my area it is known as a crime worth not reporting, the police actually prevent you from reporting crimes deemed to small to keep the crime figures down and everyone believes them

i personally lost £5k and £10K in bee keeping equipment and was i was lucky to get a crime number, but never once did the police turn up or follow it up

i once tracked down a crim who stole my hives and the police nicked him, but only for the other nicked stuff not my hives, they went down as other crimes admited

Ours was caught speeding by one of the cameras in Grimsby :(
The mobile camera vans are real parasites on the motorists. They call them safety partnership vans but they are usually to be found skulking in spots where the best pickings are but no safety issues recorded. Total a*******s on overtime!
:calmdown:

I got caught over 5 years ago, you will certainly know the location John, down at Howden, (A614 Thorpe Road) on the Holme on Spalding Moor road, out of Howden, I was coming out of Howden by the BP garage, it was November, horrible evening 8pm, raining hard, all the street lights were out down the A614, I know that road is a camera trap, but I didn't see any van, as I drove up the road, just before the 50mph sign I speed up, I noticed a flash in my rear view mirror, I thought it was someone on the pavement taking a picture, I turned the car around, and could clearly see a mounted camera on tripod on the pavement, with a large cable running to a van, hidden from sight.

I banged on the door, there were no markings on the VAN, it was just white, no police cars, no answer, I banged again no answer, so I started video-ing the van, camera, and taking pictures, and door opened, and their were two suited Policeman (and that's being polite!), they complained, and ask me not to take pictures, of some new equipment, I asked them if this was live, and a speed camera, and they said, yes, just setup, we've just caught our first of the night, was that you driving a XXXXX, I said yes!

their reply, any other speeding offences, I said no, they said, don't worry about it mate, £60 and 3 points!

I challenged them, where are the 30mph limit signs, they said other side of the roundabout, past the BP garage, I said I didn't travel across the roadabout, I joined from Howden town centre, and they then said, there were not allowed to put any new signs up between roundabout and 50mph, I mentioned that the street lights were out, it's dark, how the hell are you supposed to know the speed limit, and they told me challenge it mate, and we will throw the book at you, because your doing 57 in a 30mph limit!

just suck it up and take £60 and 3 points!

I went back the next day on a Sunday afternoon, and saw the marked camera safety van, videod it, and started having a argument with the guy who go out of it, because he said, I was drawing attention to the camera van and and they would not be able to secure cars speeding, because they were slowing down, and started to threaten me, about not videoing!

I still have the footage, and now it's been 5 years, plus will upload onto youtube, for people to see how they behave!

Not a fan of speed cameras, and vans, and sound my horn and flash my lights, when I see them today!

Last edited:
It's simple. If you don't want to be caught speeding, don't speed.

Some of us have practised that since we started driving in the 1960s... or rather practised "if you speed, do it where you will not get caught and keep a sharp lookout"

I got caught over 5 years ago, you will certainly know the location John, down at Howden, (A614 Thorpe Road) on the Holme on Spalding Moor road, out of Howden, I was coming out of Howden by the BP garage, it was November, horrible evening 8pm, raining hard, all the street lights were out down the A614, I know that road is a camera trap, but I didn't see any van, as I drove up the road, just before the 50mph sign I speed up, I noticed a flash in my rear view mirror, I thought it was someone on the pavement taking a picture, I turned the car around, and could clearly see a mounted camera on tripod on the pavement, with a large cable running to a van, hidden from sight.

I banged on the door, there were no markings on the VAN, it was just white, no police cars, no answer, I banged again no answer, so I started video-ing the van, camera, and taking pictures, and door opened, and their were two suited Policeman (and that's being polite!), they complained, and ask me not to take pictures, of some new equipment, I asked them if this was live, and a speed camera, and they said, yes, just setup, we've just caught our first of the night, was that you driving a XXXXX, I said yes!

their reply, any other speeding offences, I said no, they said, don't worry about it mate, £60 and 3 points!

I challenged them, where are the 30mph limit signs, they said other side of the roundabout, past the BP garage, I said I didn't travel across the roadabout, I joined from Howden town centre, and they then said, there were not allowed to put any new signs up between roundabout and 50mph, I mentioned that the street lights were out, it's dark, how the hell are you supposed to know the speed limit, and they told me challenge it mate, and we will throw the book at you, because your doing 57 in a 30mph limit!

I went back the next day on a Sunday afternoon, and saw the marked camera safety van, videod it, and started having a argument with the guy who go out of it, because he said, I was drawing attention to the camera van and and they would not be able to secure cars speeding, because they were slowing down, and started to threaten me, about not videoing!

I still have the footage, and now it's been 5 years, plus will upload onto youtube, for people to see how they behave!

Not a fan of speed cameras, and vans, and sound my horn and flash my lights, when I see them today!

Their current rich picking spot is the main road through Gilberdyke and Newport. They either park up in Newport and at long range target cars just about to leave the 30 section and enter the 50 section or they tuck in tight at the side of the road Westbound in Gilberdyke and use long range targeting to catch drivers entering the 40 section from the 50 and being slightly tardy in braking. Hardly criminals just soft targets to be milked. The first the motorist knows is a letter appears in the post a few days later.
Some years ago there was a spate of fixed cameras being "necklaced" with burning tyres. It's surely just a matter of time before it happens to a van.:hairpull::hairpull:

Or possibly "the law treats them as wild animals, you cant steal them (though you can steal the frames), it is dealt with as a civil case not a criminal one".

Anyone here actually know?

Theres been plenty of discussion about the bees, but, what about the equipment? Beekeeping equipment is quite expensive and I have never seen a beehive fly away in a swarm. Surely, that is considered as"property"?

Ha ha, they check the bees once a month . . . that tells you everything you need to know. All the evidence will probably have been eaten.

Cushy billet.

57 in a 30mph & you only got 3points & £60 fine 5 years ago? I find that suprising, 6 years ago i got caught doing 50 in a 30mph & got 5 points & fined 1/4 of my monthly wage. This was a copper with a camera. I asked him why he didnt put portable signs up saying cameras in use as a deterrant. I said if i had seen a sign it would have helped me to watch my speed, surely a deterrant would be better than just catching as many people as possible? It got heated & he told me to drive away or he would arrest me!!

Latest posts

Back