What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found it for £8.95 for a 12oz jar . Craft artisan honey at its finest .

Last round of OA sublimox use and perfect weather to use as not tight clusters. Very happy with the outcome with only 2 colonies showing a moderate rate drop and the rest not more than 20 at worst! Thanks for putting me onto the sublimox hivemaker! So much esier than the 12v thing. It is all I use now for the dreaded V! That maq stuff!!! Should be banned in my mind.

Had to get back , suffering withdrawal symptoms !

Reinforced green mesh fence with 30lb fishing line, planted last of remaining crocus and snowdrop bulbs near the hives under the trees.... Late I know ! But 1/2 price in shops.

Plenty of activity , floors in to check mite drop , and check for capping a, convinced plenty brood in there in all hives due to abundance still of Ivy and weeks of elevated winter temps, and busy bees coming and going !

Not in the Apiary but in the garage i made a spare open mesh floor / inspection board and a spare crown board, i have four roof's 3 of them being spares, so if i feel the need for expansion next year OR the bees decide to expand i may have it covered , i only have 3 brood boxes though so i'm going to fathom out a way i can make them without buying more tool's..( ) watch this space.:spy:

Counted some more varroa from my near broodless colony after OA. Today 275 yday 525 so good call!

Hopefully my next count in 5day's will be minimal , the only bad thing if i do have a big mite drop again and the weather is cold i feel guilty gassing them in case they try to fly into the cold air.
Decisions decisions, on another note some crocus bulbs are sprouting up and i still have flowers on a cianthus (spell) shrub, this certainly is a strange year weather wise.

the only bad thing if i do have a big mite drop again and the weather is cold i feel guilty gassing them in case they try to fly into the cold air.

Leave the entrance closed up for fifteen minutes after which they will all have gone to sleep again

Leave the entrance closed up for fifteen minutes after which they will all have gone to sleep again

yup - last lot i did, the weather wasn't that good and hardly any strred after leaving them closed for a while

quick check on fondant levels, in all Apidea! still fondant remaining.....

(no need to top up yet!)

Was going to count some more varroa, but they had blown away!

Latest posts

Back