vsh - form your own opinion

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c'est la vie:confused:

Hey P, When i got the Queen you did not have a clue how old she was and i payed you extra, maybe a couple of pounds but i payed extra all the same for delivery just to be courteous, now you try and belittle me with that foreign **** language that i do not understand , the Queen may have died from old age for all i know but please do not try to make me look an idiot with silly french rubbish as it ?????????????????????.

no offence:
it just means 'that's life'
the queen was a gift, to help you out

A free queen who likely got murdered coz the locals didn't fancy her genes. 'C'est la vie' indeed!! :)

I find it amazing that everyone "knows" what happened to someone else's queen, even though they had no first hand knowledge of the introduction or bees involved.

A free queen who likely got murdered coz the locals didn't fancy her genes. 'C'est la vie' indeed!! :)

all i know she was there alive and well one minute and then vanished after i moved the hive so she may have been damaged then

He'd had a rough time so i tried to help. there was nothing wrong with the queen or the introduction

I find it amazing that everyone "knows" what happened to someone else's queen, even though they had no first hand knowledge of the introduction or bees involved.

Indeed, but you and I both know that beeks are an opinionated lot :)

He'd had a rough time so i tried to help. there was nothing wrong with the queen or the introduction

That was my point. You tried to help someone, for whatever reason it didn't work. Such is life! :)

You are taking out of your rear or are you some kind of clairvoyant that makes things up and gets it wrong all the time.

Just for the record to correct you, the Queen was freed from the cage in two days and accepted in a nuc full of Buckfast nurse bees and brood, she was in the hive for a full week before robbing started so i had to move the colony, a day or two before moving the nuc the bees where fed and the Queen was alive and well, on the next inspection several days later she had vanished.

You are taking out of your rear or are you some kind of clairvoyant that makes things up and gets it wrong all the time.

Just for the record to correct you, the Queen was freed from the cage in two days and accepted in a nuc full of Buckfast nurse bees and brood, she was in the hive for a full week before robbing started so i had to move the colony, a day or two before moving the nuc the bees where fed and the Queen was alive and well, on the next inspection several days later she had vanished.

:icon_204-2:

Ok genius boy what happened, did the nasty wasps pick her up and carry her away? Coz I'm still not seeing proof against my psychic abilities!

let's call it "a learning opportunity"
Who hasn't had one of those this year?

Very true P i am in my third season and until now THIS year i have had help verbally from a good fellow, i have done it alone previously but pulled safe in the end, anyone trying to bait me into getting barred from the foum will be ignored.

Sorry your thread has come to this P i will reply only to you if required from now on.;)

Lets put it back on a positive footing. I walked outside today because I heard a lot more bee noise than usual and happened to see one of the mating nucs with the queen flying out to mate. The bees were excited and flew out like they were swarming and clustered on a fig tree nearby. Once the queen finally got back in the hive, they all returned and settled down. This queen is 1/2 Buckfast and will be mated to drones from my line. I'm hoping they will have more of the Buckfast traits of reduced swarming and mild disposition while picking up some of the mite resistance traits from my bees.

Well... That I say nice story... You came out and saw the Queen flying...

I cannot see when drones go in the air, and they are much there.

I have never seen any excitement in hives when Queen is mating.

Last edited:
happened to see one of the mating nucs with the queen flying out to mate. The bees were excited and flew out like they were swarming and clustered on a fig tree nearby.

We had a swarm arrive into the tree nest at the bottom of the garden and that is exactly what Stan described (I missed it :( )
I thought they were absconding, like swarms do but luckily not :)

Back