vsh - form your own opinion

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your role seems to be to dangle the carrot in front of the donkey.
EeeeAwww.
What is the point of achieving VSH if the bees are only available for a privileged few?

As soon as they're proven to not lose any production qualities and tolerate varroa well, breeders who aren't currently involved will be looking for stock to incorporate into their own lines. A handful of big queen producers in Europe start using them and you have over 100,000 highly vsh queens being produced.
If you've a decent amount of hives you could surely produce queens with greater than 50% vsh which will make an impact on varroa.

Your role seems to be to dangle the carrot in front of the donkey.
EeeeAwww.
What is the point of achieving VSH if the bees are only available for a privileged few?

Grow up Troll. Do you really think people want to read this sort of nonsense?

Last edited:
. Do you really think people want to read this sort of nonsense?

I'm assuming that the endpoint of breeding VSH bees is so eventually the whole country can go treatment free.
That is the dream, isn't it?

I'm assuming that the endpoint of breeding VSH bees is so eventually the whole country can go treatment free.
That is the dream, isn't it?

Would you stop now, Beefriend, with your whole country. B+ has surely better to do than answer to your from sleeves invented questions.

Actually it is not nice to wake up in the morning and read all kind of hopeless whining. News have enough sad stories to fill the day.

When we look varroa tolerant dreams, where have they have come true.

USA:s Air space should bee full of VHS and Russian bee genes, but how do we see it on surface of earth. German has made varroa tolerant breeding work as long as USA.

I must go to continue extracting of my modest yield. That is my long sight and at same time to start hive feeding. And half of hives away from forests.

Last edited:
B+ Is doing some wonderful work. I know I for one appreciate him letting others know how his work is going.
I just wish he wouldn't get so upset when I ask where is it all going. There needs to be an endpoint or a goal to all this work.
The fact they have VSH bees is quite an achievement. Plus they are also gentle, rarely swarm and are total honey monsters.
The ideal bee really.
Shame they aren't commercially available, hence my carrot and donkey comment.
Jealous Moi ;)

B+ Is doing some wonderful work. I know I for one appreciate him letting others know how his work is going.
I just wish he wouldn't get so upset when I ask where is it all going. There needs to be an endpoint or a goal to all this work.
The fact they have VSH bees is quite an achievement. Plus they are also gentle, rarely swarm and are total honey monsters.
The ideal bee really.
Shame they aren't commercially available, hence my carrot and donkey comment.
Jealous Moi ;)

Breeding is a continuous improvement process. Hence, my id on here is "B+". You can never give them an "A" when there is always room for improvement. However perfect, they can always be improvement somewhere.
It's "horses for courses". I am primarily a breeder (although I do raise some sister queens for sale). I know where my talents lie and I don't see myself as a mass-market multiplier. I'm not geared-up for that and I think the quality would suffer if I tried to do it. I only have so much time and I prefer to spend it doing what I'm good at.

I like raising my own queens and swapping them with friends. It's the best bit of beekeeping for me.

I've gotten to the point where varroa just isn't a problem for me. I have a routine, I measure it and treat when needed. It's not enough of a problem for me to add something else into my season.

Nice to see you are back ... even if it's only for the winter - half a year is better than none ...

Phil

Latest posts

Back