Vevor extractors

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi just wondering how you got on with the vevor 4 frame. It is exactly that one i was just looking to buy. Any regrets with it?

Regards

paul
It’s worked out quite well. No doubt it’s a budget version and a few tweaks were required. I got a spring harvest without any blowouts on my foundationless supers and used them again for the autumn harvest without any issues either. A pal then used it for his harvest without issue. It’ll do grand for the first few years and then I’d say an upgrade might be in order. Really easy to put together and the clean after. For the price point and after the initial investment on all the other kit, I would say it’s worth it. Only 2 small things to point out, the first being the need for a couple of cable ties (see earlier reply) to get super frames to fit properly. The second being that the weight needs to be evenly distributed otherwise it wobbles a bit when spinning but this could be managed by bolting the extractor down on a pallet or something. All in all, I’m happy with it.

It’s worked out quite well. No doubt it’s a budget version and a few tweaks were required. I got a spring harvest without any blowouts on my foundationless supers and used them again for the autumn harvest without any issues either. A pal then used it for his harvest without issue. It’ll do grand for the first few years and then I’d say an upgrade might be in order. Really easy to put together and the clean after. For the price point and after the initial investment on all the other kit, I would say it’s worth it. Only 2 small things to point out, the first being the need for a couple of cable ties (see earlier reply) to get super frames to fit properly. The second being that the weight needs to be evenly distributed otherwise it wobbles a bit when spinning but this could be managed by bolting the extractor down on a pallet or something. All in all, I’m happy with it.
If you fit casters on the legs you will find that it doesn't walk about the room so much. However, weight distribution in all extractors can cause them to shake about Even then, the key is to slow the speed down until the wobble stops, which it will as the fatter frames spin out and balance up with the lighter ones.

What I tend to do is spin out full frames togther and any that are partially filled I leave and spin them out together or, if there are several of them, I alternate them with full frames. It's a bit easier to do this with a 15 frame radial extractor rather than a 6 or 8 frame tangential ... but something for you to look forward to.

A larger extractor will allow you to balance out smaller multiples of odd or even numbers if someone needs helping out.

The downside is that a tiny harvest will be fully extracted and still clung to the sides of the drum.....:cry:

Latest posts

Back