Varroa resistance v varroa sensitive.v less harmful mites

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Could someone qualifie the various approaches …in simple terms? are they one and the same?
To me
Resistance implies bees that can withstand a higher might load without becoming sick?????

VSH is I think bees that are more proactive in removing sick bees / dead pupi so in theory remove pupi that are loaded with varrora

i think I have read about trying to bread a type of varrora mite that is less virulent or other with the hope that it replaces the problem varrora ( as they are with mosquitoes)

or is all the above just codswallop and I am getting it all wrong?

Could someone qualifie the various approaches …in simple terms? are they one and the same?
To me
Resistance implies bees that can withstand a higher might load without becoming sick?????

VSH is I think bees that are more proactive in removing sick bees / dead pupi so in theory remove pupi that are loaded with varrora

i think I have read about trying to bread a type of varrora mite that is less virulent or other with the hope that it replaces the problem varrora ( as they are with mosquitoes)

or is all the above just codswallop and I am getting it all wrong?

Varroa has become during decades worse and worse. No hope that it will become friendly.

Everyone should buy VHS bees, if those exist.

Latest posts

Back