Tradex ''on or off''

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that BS Honeybees were trying to loading up earlier in a blizzard!

it's currently pelting it down here in Worcester, all good fun! :willy_nilly:

SNOW WARNINGS
We are reviewing the situation regularly and currently Thursday & Friday look OK for Stoneleigh itself with some possibility of disruption depending where you’re coming from. The situation on Saturday is a bit more mixed but currently it looks as though Stoneleigh itself will miss the snow. However you will need to decide dependant on the conditions whether you feel it is safe to travel.
So the show is still on, if we need to change that, we will update this page.

http://www.beetradex.co.uk/about/

No Doubt, I may be proved wrong but so far;

• The Met Office (still in shock from their failure to predict "The Great Hurricane of 87") are overegging all predictions of cloud derived weather.
  • Idiot-panic-buying has resulted in some Supermarkets selling out of sliced bread & Milk,
  • Temperatures have fallen just below freezing during the day,
  • The safty Elf's entourage have closed the schools, so the teachers can add to their already excessive holidays,

• The budding, (and as yet, UNKNOWN) TV Hacks are all revving up their Landrover Discoveries so they and their 10 man team can be first to report from the little village in Who knows where, that's been "cut off by the snow"
  • Country Folk in areas where it snows regularly in the winter are going about their life as normal, ready for a heavy fall of snow.
  • Now would be a good day for politicians to do something stupid and get away with it?
it looks like just because more than an inch of snow is due to fall in the City"Darn Saarf", we're all doomed!

You really are the most cheery of individuals arent you!

It was -8c here when I set off today! Hardly just dipping below freezing.

You really are the most cheery of individuals arent you!

It was -8c here when I set off today! Hardly just dipping below freezing.

A friend had to abandon his 4x4 earlier on today half way down from driving up a 3/4 mile farm track, he had to stop because he could not see a thing in the blizzard, once he had lost momentum that was him grounded, he had trouble getting out to walk the rest of the way as the snow was up to his wing mirrors, my lady friend is stranded in her cottage with no access in or out, it really is that bad in the north east and it pees me of when folk bang on about bad drivers when they have no idea what they are on about..

well they is about half a cm of snow where i am about 12 miles from stoneleigh as the crow flys, will see what it's like sat as i need to buy some more stuff.

Forecast tonight is saying same same through until Sat at the earliest and getting colder and in general worse.

Deep joy.

PH

I seen that earlier, never seen that happen here before. It was evil outside today, I stayed indoors with the open fire. Work can wait until next week.

I went out to do some jobs this morning but soon came back as if was too cold to mix and place concrete.
I nipped up the bee shed and knocked a couple of OMF with underfloor entrances out of the cedar I picked up last week. Also made another nuc out of some scraps. What do they say about a silver lining?

Today

Attachments

• hives in snow today 5 pm .JPG
    hives in snow today 5 pm .JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 26
Well I'm right peed at present! No snow... Snow board ready but where is the white stuff? Having to hope it drops by over night or tomorrow, or I may well venture off this Isle... Snow hunting lol

Be careful what you wish for ... over here in the Costa del Fareham I'm freezing my nuts off trying to burn the hedge cuttings from the weekend before storm Annie leaves us under as much as 20cm of snow ... that's 8 feet in southern inches ... Emergency services already on alert and recommendations that you don't venture out without a shovel and emergency rations in case the snow gets over the top of your sandals ....

Be careful what you wish for ... over here in the Costa del Fareham I'm freezing my nuts off trying to burn the hedge cuttings from the weekend before storm Annie leaves us under as much as 20cm of snow ... that's 8 feet in southern inches ... Emergency services already on alert and recommendations that you don't venture out without a shovel and emergency rations in case the snow gets over the top of your sandals ....

8 feet? Shirley..not.. 8" I calculate.. Have Costa del Fareham feet been devalued prior to Brexit?
Or have you taken up politics and exaggeration?:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back