Tradex ''on or off''

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Southerners are often surprised when they realise what a proper eight inches is

It works both ways though, I often laugh at what appears to be red lobsters walking around come summer :D slightest bit of sun and there everywhere coming off the coaches, burn to a crisp in a hour lol

Southerners are often surprised when they realise what a proper eight inches is

The mind boggles. Surely posts like this should attract the attention of the moderator and not be seen before the watershed!

fOur local helpful landrover enthusiast was snow ploughing our road to let the carers in to our vulnerable residents when missus with the big animal vehicle backs out of her drive and promptly drives into the snow plough bending it under his vehicle. She then retreats back into her drive with out so much as a "sorry"

Just bloody amazing how some people behave.

We have a good 500mm here and its drifting.

Update: The Met Office issues a red 'danger to life' weather warning for south-west England and south Wales, from 15:00

PH

Last edited:
We have had a good 10-12cm of snow over the last couple of days with overnight lows -7C and -6C. We have escaped the main snowfalls and are forecast to miss the next one.

All main roads have been gritted and appear snow free after 9am... but had a coating of snow before then.

The barrage of media weather comments have resulted in very few cars as most local schools have closed.

Looking at the forecast for Stoneleigh and here for Saturday, I feel relaxed about travelling - but will leave before 3pm to avoid the forecast snow.
http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/stoneleigh,_warwickshire

Depending who you are going to see some suppliers have pulled out, Caddon Hives issued an apology this morning also Northern Bee Books and I don’t know about others

It would appear there is only a few pulled out, the vast majority are all going.

Despite the snow here just south of Manchester the roads are getting better all the time.

By Saturday most places should be back to normal.

Oh? Not here I can assure you it's still snowing.

PH

Depending who you are going to see some suppliers have pulled out, Caddon Hives issued an apology this morning also Northern Bee Books and I don’t know about others

There's no indication on the About page showing the updates that people have pulled out.

Or the exhibitors page, or their twitter.

http://www.beetradex.co.uk/exhibitors/

Weather warning keep changing here, only the last couple hours we have had some snow. Island comes to stand still, 2cm now :D
I would just keep eye on the Web site before traveling

The Scottish Government have advised not to travel.

So leading on from that is some info strongly suggesting that insurance may not give cover if such advice is ignored. Ho hum....

PH

Well I'm getting ready to go to the tradex from here. Taken the AA advice though and, together with the usual towing gear (always carried in winter to help numpties out of mud or ditches) I'm taking a flask, well two actually, just in case I get cold on the journey

Attachments

• 20180301_151618.jpg
    20180301_151618.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 6
So leading on from that is some info strongly suggesting that insurance may not give cover if such advice is ignored. Ho hum....

Red warning here and have heard the same, also about a thousand cars stuck in the snow on a motorway for 20 hours or more, should the police be arresting them for not being insured and have their cars taken away and crushed.

Red warning here and have heard the same, also about a thousand cars stuck in the snow on a motorway for 20 hours or more, should the police be arresting them for not being insured and have their cars taken away and crushed.

Insurance covers you whatever the Met Office says , none of it has the weight of law...

Oh? Not here I can assure you it's still snowing.

PH
Its the same here but its the wind that causing the damage, with the snow being so fine it is causing dangerous deep drifts across the major roads as it blows of the surrounding fields, causing multiple accidents throughout the day, and it is not going to start getting any better till the middle of next week from what i have been listening to..

Wild weather we are having.
A pair of Fieldfares feeding on the bird table today.
Never seen them so hungry before.
Buggers are eating me out of sultanas....

Wild weather we are having.
A pair of Fieldfares feeding on the bird table today.
Never seen them so hungry before.
Buggers are eating me out of sultanas....
They must have ran out of natural berries if they are on the bird table, keep up with the feeding and a water source, i have been doing the same here hopefully it calms down soon so my lady friend can get out as she is snowed in.

Yes, a fieldfare - never before - is visiting our garden every half hour, feeding on apples I am taking from our apple store. Glad to see our regular winter visitor, a single goldcrest, seems to be coping

Latest posts

Back