Tradex ''on or off''

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete D

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
50+. Double Std National & 14x12
Just had Freeman & Harding on the phone telling me they were not going and cancelling my jar order and refunding me.
Also told me a decision is imminent as to whether the event is taking place due to the winter weather. They need to decide early as overseas traders will be setting off soon.

I held off pre-ordering anything when I saw the forecast a week or so ago

I live about 12miles down the road and we have had little or no snow in this area. No problems on the roads hereabouts and none expected. The answer as the irish say is 'you shouldn't start from there'.

We have had confirmation from the organisers that it is going ahead.
Gill@thornes

I couldn't start from here if I wanted to.

Red warning for snow only 2nd ever issued. Everyone being told to pack up and get home for 3pm and outside is a blizzard.

Bugger the bargains: my life is more important to me.

PH

I couldn't start from here if I wanted to.

Red warning for snow only 2nd ever issued. Everyone being told to pack up and get home for 3pm and outside is a blizzard.

Bugger the bargains: my life is more important to me.

PH

No Doubt, I may be proved wrong but so far;

• The Met Office (still in shock from their failure to predict "The Great Hurricane of 87") are overegging all predictions of cloud derived weather.
  • Idiot-panic-buying has resulted in some Supermarkets selling out of sliced bread & Milk,
  • Temperatures have fallen just below freezing during the day,
  • The safty Elf's entourage have closed the schools, so the teachers can add to their already excessive holidays,

• The budding, (and as yet, UNKNOWN) TV Hacks are all revving up their Landrover Discoveries so they and their 10 man team can be first to report from the little village in Who knows where, that's been "cut off by the snow"
  • Country Folk in areas where it snows regularly in the winter are going about their life as normal, ready for a heavy fall of snow.
  • Now would be a good day for politicians to do something stupid and get away with it?
it looks like just because more than an inch of snow is due to fall in the City"Darn Saarf", we're all doomed!

Well I'm right peed at present! No snow... Snow board ready but where is the white stuff? Having to hope it drops by over night or tomorrow, or I may well venture off this Isle... Snow hunting lol

You want to see the carnage on the roads in the North East with a lot of roads being closed till further notice and we have more forecast.

Is that due to the weather or the driving ability of those behind the wheel?

The idiots who think their 4WDs are equipped with some sort of all round force field( that enables them to stop quicker than any other vehicle on the road) even though their best sporty tyres are little less than skis as soon as they try to slow down in the snow. :icon_204-2:

The "" warnings are largely for the East coast. For anything my side of the Pennines the probability of snow is less than or equal to 50%. :sunning:

When I went to school that meant May or may Not! :spy:

Hilarious here - seen ten snowflakes in the last 48 hours and the hand wringers are off big style - chaos has set in at the nearest supermarket - due to a meltdown in their delivery systems no milk has been delivered to tesco in Amanford for a few days so everyone is rioting as there isn't any milk to panic buy. :icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:
I must confess I slipped a bit - I had enough milk left in the fridge to last until tomorrow morning but I popped over the square to buy a pint a day early as I may have porridge instead of eggs.
I was going to join in the mandatory bread panic buy but they don't sell it by the slice locally.

Tomorrow's forecast is due to be heavy snow and 50mph winds in this neck of the woods, though I do take Martin's point that the BBC err on the side of caution lol. If the roads are ok then I'll go on Saturday, if not I'll stay at home.

I almost hate to say it but the forecast here (Scottish Borders) is spot on.

The red warning is justified and correct in my view.

The snow is now 10" deep and still falling. Temp is -6C and falling.

Roads are blocked with cars and lorries so the news is saying so staying in is the best option and today's motto is:

Put another log on the stove.

PH

Tomorrow's forecast is due to be heavy snow and 50mph winds in this neck of the woods, though I do take Martin's point that the BBC err on the side of caution lol. If the roads are ok then I'll go on Saturday, if not I'll stay at home.

I'm in N Staffs and unless we have an unexpectedly heavy snowfall, I am going..The forecasts for Stoneleigh appear fine.

After living 2 years in S Germany going into the Alps most winter weekends, the missus and myself can actually drive in this stuff (with the right tyres) but I wouldn't do it round here cos others about you don't have a clue.
Lovely memories of driving (Elaine at the wheel) down the autobahn at 6am, 70mph ,-35C with 150mm+ of snow (you had to go that fast so you could get 200m between you and the next car)

Cancelled fetching the boat back from the menders yesterday as I didnt want an idiot rear ending the new fixed fibreglass.

Weather in my region.
No gritters have been out on our minor roads; about 8 inches of snow and never got above -2 all day.
Had to dash out and panic shop in 4x4, but all is now well.....stocks of Gin and Malt replenished. I can now last for days...Sod the bread and milk.
Even stopped and helped tow some less fortunate's up one the hills so they could get out and get their panic shopping done. I do love driving a truck in this weather, you feel bomb proof!
Local supermarkets where full of stocks of all sorts but v few customers venturing out with the current difficult road conditions.

Last edited:
The proverbial picture

As of 16-24pm today.

PH

Attachments

• DSCF2341a.jpg
    DSCF2341a.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 48
The weather and driven snow, blizzard after blizzard which are causing multiple accidents on most of the regions roads involving lorries and cars, there is not a hope in hell of me getting to my hives as the drifts are hard to walk through let alone drive and it is supposed to be getting worse, for once the weather prediction has been correct, mind you i did not see a forecast for the thunder and lightening we got at 2 am .

28279606_10155618606299209_3334868589922818174_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back