Problem with (I think) mining bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bees in your original post will all be dead , they have a short life cycle and it is very different to Apis M or the humble bee.
What generally occurs is the M/F emerge mate and then the Female makes a cell, packs it out with food and then lays an egg. Said egg grows and lives off the stores until it emerges as an adult , they spend more time in the cell developing then when emerged as a bee.

Hmm, I thought we were still on London clay where we were. Anyway, the front garden is very waterlogged :(

The bees in your original post will all be dead , they have a short life cycle and it is very different to Apis M or the humble bee.
What generally occurs is the M/F emerge mate and then the Female makes a cell, packs it out with food and then lays an egg. Said egg grows and lives off the stores until it emerges as an adult , they spend more time in the cell developing then when emerged as a bee.

Yes, sorry, I realise that. I just wondered how waterproof the cells/eggs were.

Hmm, I thought we were still on London clay where we were. Anyway, the front garden is very waterlogged :(
I was called to an infestation of ivy bees in a lawn recently and that was in a brick making area so I assume the bees army fussy on soil type . 😊

Latest posts

Back