Tradex ''on or off''

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a mate in Cannock who reckons they've had loads of snow since 1pm. Just looked at Google maps and the whole motorway network in the Midlands south of Stafford is orange &red.

There will be one talk tomorrow. 1.00pm.

Please check the weather in the morning. Last
week, the news said that all the main roads in Lincolnshire
were blocked or impassible. They weren’t

the last hour and a half of the trip to Kennilworth was a bit mucky - safe but unpleasant, got worse the nearer you got to Stoneleigh.
Quite a few people in the hotel going by the look of the vehicles in the car park, one a bit further North and west from me by the sound of the name, Just hope we can get over the other side of the dual carriageway and to the Park tomorrow!!

Attachments

• M4.jpg
    M4.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 38
  • hotel.jpg
    hotel.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 42
There will be one talk tomorrow. 1.00pm.

Please check the weather in the morning. Last
week, the news said that all the main roads in Lincolnshire
were blocked or impassible. They weren’t
Yesterday the roads where said to be open and not long after they was a 20 vehicle pile up through wind driven drifting snow.. IMO please take care and do not listen to the weather forecast if you are using rural roads to get to motorways.

Drove from Stoke to Stoneleigh via M6 at 7am . Roads totally empty and - except for outside lanes of M6 - totally clear of snow. Arrived there in 1 hours 35 minutes # - 75 miles - with zero issues.

Very few there to begin with but busied after after 11am. No problems due to snow - (but had a puncture there -pia in snow)

# Fastest ever journey .
Return journey limited to 50mph due to space saver tyre speed limit.
New tyre required - that's the savings blown:)

M1 clear of snow and empty all the way up

Arrived 11 'ish barely anyone there, bought the important stuff first then had a cuppa and traipsed around the rest, by 1 'ish it was busier but not busy

Bought one of BSHoneybees new 14x12 double nucs - feels good quality, need to get a couple of coats of masonry on it

Dissappointed that STB (who had told me by email they would be bringing their extractors to look at) didn't ....so saved myself £500 ... their loss :thanks:

Well, I picked up a few bits a pieces.
Was underwhelmed by the prices...but have a new poly hive or two to paint and a poly nuc, some frames and nails, coverboards, gloves......actually I think that I have bought a lot more than I wanted to!

Well done to the exhibitors for braving the elements and putting on a show. I attended & as usual enjoyed - yes a lot quieter than in previous years but no surprises there. Here's to better weather next year.

Even with the missing dozen or so traders it was a bigger show than last year (just a few less people) didn't buy as much as planned due to Abelo abandoning bringing one of the vans because of the show, probably the van they would have sold most from anyway - so now have to arrange for the kit I wanted to see before buying to be at either Llanelwedd or HA :hairpull: suppose I'll have to book for both just in case :D
Roads were clear.

Latest posts

Back