Thornes sale prices here

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chalkie

I certainly stand corrected if the prices quoted by Thornes include the VAT already. Be interesting to find out.

Peter

Just received the Thornes E'Mail and certainly reads as if the prices include the VAT.

Last edited:
Thornes sale prices have always included VAT...

action-smiley-024.gif
they remembered me
action-smiley-024.gif

I received my price list at 6:34 pm this evening :cheers2:

Just hope Santa brings me some cash
xmas-smiley-033.gif

*deleted* as the posts above ask same Q on VAT

Jez

PS Merry Xmas to all, hope Santa played his part :)

Last edited:
are these price-lists an order forms only for chosen ones ? I need few hundred frames and any sale would do good.

Cheers, Lauri

I would imagine that if you have traded on-line with Thorne, then they will have your email address and you will have their email pricelist. Your cash is as good as anyone's.
No chosen few where abject commerce is concerned.

Hi

If you are after frames, be quick they will go fast!!!!!!!

Regards Ian

I have spent a small fortune with Thornes over the past couple of years, but no email about their sale:( They will get a snotogram together with my order on the 29th:):)

I haven't got one either - probably 'coz I haven't bought anything from them directly - any chance someone can pm a copy to me?

I haven't got one either - probably 'coz I haven't bought anything from them directly - any chance someone can pm a copy to me?

Already posted in first thread by veg.

Ok here are the prices for this years thornes winter sale:cheers2:

Frames - in 50's - second quality which means a few small knots, maybe a bit of discolouration or small spilt but perfectly serviceable.
DN1 or SN1 25.00
DN4 or SN4 30.50
DN5 or SN5 35.00
BS. Manley 35.00
14" x 12" 40.00
16" x 10" 35.00
Langstroth Manley 35.00
Dadant Shallow 35.00
Cedar Hive Parts in the flat - in utility grade cedar which also means a few small live knots, maybe a bit of discolouration or small split but perfectly serviceable.
National Open Mesh Floor 13.50
National Roof 19.00
National Brood Body 18.50 each 10 for 172.00
National Super 13.50 each 10 for 125.00
National Crownboard with two escapes 8.00
National 14" x 12" Brood Body 28.00
We also have
Langstroth, Dadant or WBC Plastic Excluder 2.50
Open Mesh Helmet 7.00
2 Frame Plastic Extractor 100.00
100 Narrow Plastic Ends 3.00
Beekeepers perch 1.00
Hive Tool 6.00
Galvanised Mesh, 12" square 50p
Mixed Coloured Candle Sheets, pack 10, mainly dark colours with some missing corners, small splits 3.50
Frame Cleaner 2.00
20 Plastic Porter Bee Escapes 10.00
Corner Support, pack 4 50p
Bee Brush 2.50
Frame Nail Hammer 1.75
500g 3/4" Frame Nails 3.00
Stainless Steel Valve 20.00
Uncapping Fork 2.50
And Wired Beeswax Foundation (usual quality) at discounted prices.

Orders over £100.00 are carriage paid within the UK

are the seconds (frames) normally posted on the website as a purchasable item or will we need to ask for them??

Yes PH Thomas' is cheaper but they do not do wired foundation and only stock Dadant, Langstroth and Warre. As you can see I'm National and Commercial.
Having said that I have built a Dadant this winter and all the Agricultural Co-ops stock the basic stuff, they are a little more than Thomas price but I save carriage so it's swings and roundabouts.

I have contacted the other suppliers in the UK but they all use Royal Mail and that doublesthe cost:(
:cheers2: Mike

Back