THorne sale prices on line

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have actually found less expensive 1st quality somewhere near the park. once VAT and carriage was added!

My bees were humming "Scotland the Brave" just now...... must be the cold.
Must teach them some Carols!!
any suggestions?

I got some roofs and floors - fiddly to make. I have made the supers/broods out of shuttering ply. Also got a candle mould and some wick...got to do something with all the wax.

I got some roofs and floors - fiddly to make. I have made the supers/broods out of shuttering ply. Also got a candle mould and some wick...got to do something with all the wax.

The supers were so cheap I got half a dozen, as I don't a) have any wood b) any woodworking skills and c) anywhere to do it.

icanhopit;95225 My bees were humming "Scotland the Brave" just now...... must be the cold. Must teach them some Carols!! any suggestions?[/QUOTE said:
How about:

Silent Flight
Deck The Halls (with bowls of honey)
O Little Crown (board) of Bethlehem
I Came Upon the Midflight Clear
Once in Royal Jelly's City
As Shepherds Watched Their Hives By Night
O Come All Ye Queenright
I Saw Three Bees Come Sailing In

Bit dissapointed in the quality of a couple of 14x12 BBs I bought at Wragby. One had a hole in it where a knot had been, albeit pretty small, and the next both sides were slightly warped.

Nothing overly concerning, and they are seconds after all, but the couple I've had in the past were a lot better. One more to build so fingers crossed I was just unlucky with the other two

Know of a good recipe for furniture wax.................

Beeswax.... old brown stuff.... turps subs and lavender oil

warm, mix pour into tin and selsl for at least £12 per 250g tin

Big shallow tins with a turned in base are best...... easy to get a cloth in and use sparingly!

any variations on the theme appreciated !

Know of a good recipe for furniture wax.................

Beeswax.... old brown stuff.... turps subs and lavender oil

warm, mix pour into tin and selsl for at least £12 per 250g tin

Big shallow tins with a turned in base are best...... easy to get a cloth in and use sparingly!

any variations on the theme appreciated !

See here

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3089&highlight=furniture+polish

My hubby made some and he says to use proper turpentine.

How about:

Silent Flight
Deck The Halls (with bowls of honey)
O Little Crown (board) of Bethlehem
I Came Upon the Midflight Clear
Once in Royal Jelly's City
As Shepherds Watched Their Hives By Night
O Come All Ye Queenright
I Saw Three Bees Come Sailing In

Brilliant - did you just think those up ??

Good queen Wenceslas
Deck the hives
we three queens of orient are

Ordered Monday - delivered this morning @09:00 :party:

Now that's what I call service

Ordered Monday morning delivered Tuesday.
Now THAT'S what I call service!

Ordered on tuesday,delivered the day before(monday) and paid for on wednesday...now thats what i would call an amazing service.

Hah, I'd be more impressed if they delivered what I needed before I realised it...OR...delivered what I needed, not what I ordered!!

Latest posts

Back