Sugar Prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And will they discount it below shop bought price?

Find someone who works for them and ask if u can use their staff discount card. 10% off and sometimes 20% off.

You should use your brain and think.....100kg for 200 colonies is madness. Works out at 0.5 kg (about a lb) per hive and you believe it?. I need to update my hive numbers...

I'm actually down to about 140 colonies due to a change from Iberica to Buckfast. I will probably need about 75kg of sugar for some, not all, mainly to stimulate not store. I live in Portugal, we dont have a brood break and we have a Eucalyptus flow which spans October to April.

I live in Portugal, we dont have a brood break and we have a Eucalyptus flow which spans October to April.

Interesting. Is the eucalyptus flow strong enough to generates excess stores (i.e a honey crop) or just tick over, depending on weather?

You should use your brain and think.....100kg for 200 colonies is madness. Works out at 0.5 kg (about a lb) per hive and you believe it?. I need to update my hive numbers...

Given mazzamazda's subsequent replies maybe you needed to think and possibly watch your tongue.....

It is the main flow and honey crop in this area.

Tempting to push the boundaries of how far my migratory beekeeeping can go. Getting there's no big problem its about 1500miles and about 2 days drive, but weekly inspections may prove difficult :)

Farmfoods store have an offer on near to me 56p per kg or 2kg for a Quid so i got carried away and bought 20kg and nearly snapped the handle of my carrier bag for life.:rolleyes:

Lidl price.

Last edited:
During my meandering with work I've visited 4 Morrison's stores in the north staffs region. 3 have now sold out of the 2kg bags lol.

Likely a daft question but do rats/mice attack bags of sugar?

During my meandering with work I've visited 4 Morrison's stores in the north staffs region. 3 have now sold out of the 2kg bags lol.

Likely a daft question but do rats/mice attack bags of sugar?

Rats and mice will destroy anything edible especially now it is cooling down and with all the fields being cut they will move into built up areas as there food source has gone, just store the sugar in a dry mouse proof cupboard.

...'til the rats gnaw their way in!

Yip. I had a wooden box full off fishing pellets. First they are the box, then the pellets along with their plastic containers!

I have Sugar packages in my summer cottage. I have not noticed that mice eate sugar.

Back