sugar prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tindam188

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I understand that there are a lot of threads on the same product but to my understanding most of the information on them is out of date.

So, where can I buy the cheapest sugar?

Thanks in advance

tindam188

Read the thread and you shall find out where to look for it.

I understand that there are a lot of threads on the same product but to my understanding most of the information on them is out of date.

Thanks in advance

tindam188

I dont do cash and carry's as the supermarkets are often better, the thraed is great if your looking tom do a one off bulk purchase otherwise you can check supermarket prices. I recently got (after readinf the thread) 2k bags at 1.29 from Tesco but it seems to have gone up to 1.59, still tyhe best deal compared to 5k bags at 90p a kilo.
http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesc...weetener/Whitworths_Granulated_Sugar_2Kg.html

Remember to factor in the very high cost of fuel at the moment: no point going 10 miles out of the way to pick up sugar from a cash and carry which is only a couple of pence cheaper than the Tesco nearby.
Unless you need a ton of the stuff, of course! I'm just thinking of the high percentage of beeks who have less than 5 colonies on the go... in which case there's a danger of false economy if you have to travel a lot further for small differences in sugar cost.

ahh, but I've never been in a tescos, nor even knowingly on their land. I'd rather crawl a mile across broken glass to the co-op than go into tescos.

Thanks in advance

tindam188

How much are you looking to buy?

Russ is the main man for sugar lol
Russ the forum sugar daddy lol

ahh, but I've never been in a tescos, nor even knowingly on their land. I'd rather crawl a mile across broken glass to the co-op than go into tescos.
Fair enough. Last time I looked Waitrose had 2 Kg packs of fair trade sugar at 1.43

Seeking for lowest price sugar it is better to look, how much alternatives need car driving.

Gasoline has its value.

whilst in tesco tonight checked sugar aisle.

£1.59 as expected for 2kg BUT with sign saying "NEW LOWER PRICE Previously £1.89 in most Tesco stores". Confronted manager who feigned interest, mumbled about computer checks etc etc.

Think local TS might be interested as the sign is clearly illegal.

Latest posts

Back